Show us your pictures!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just posted a few pictures on my webshots page: http://community.webshots.com/album/251017383EJftEp

Don't want to hog all the room here so you can see them there if you'd like. There's one that's a stack & whack with meandering stars and the Terry Twist in the blocks; one that has the Divine Vine panto and one that has some fun custom quilting.

I'm sure none of my ideas are original but I'm glad to share anything I know. I have that big dry erase board on the wall that I'm facing while doing custom work. I forget what I'm doing so I always draw it out and can glance up at it.

The star with the feathered wreath -- there were stars on each corner and one in the middle of the quilt so that when I had the quilt rolled, I couldn't see what the previouis stars looked like . . if I didn't have it drawn up there, I'd probably have half my feathers going left and half going right . . not good!

So, I just needed to glance up and see what I needed to do to keep everything the same.

Thank you all for the kind words.

Phyllis - that was done on a conventional sewing machine. I'm still hoping to get a long arm, but in the meantime I just make do.

By the way - before Disney decides to come down on me, that quilt was made for a girl at my office. She paid only for the materials, so it wasn't a commercial sale. As a sad note, the day after I delivered it to her she received a call that her brother had been shot and killed. A reminder that we all need to hold close those who are dear to us.

Debbie

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone.....

This has been a fun topic seeing everyone's work. Thanks Judy for suggesting it.

I'm attaching a picture of a quilt I'm currently working on. It's faux trapunto, so I'll be stippling til the cows come home...:cool:

Hope you enjoy.....oh, I'm using "Masterpiece" and BL in the bobbin.

Happy Quilting...:D

post--13461897803415_thumb.jpg

Archived