Circle Lord problem

Did any of you CL users have trouble with the little pointy thing hopping out of the grooves? All I have heard is praise from everyone about how fast and easy the giant templates are. I got the spiral today and if I go even a little bit fast, the pointy thing comes out of the groove. I have to just creep along. Suggestions?

I recall a conversation recently where this issue was discussed. I did a search here and found it. Here's the link, you may have to scroll to the top on the page and just read down, lots of info here!

http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=5940#pid45500

Reasons vary from needing to adjust the stylus height, to dips in your table, to you leaning on the table while you move the machine in the grooves. I read the whole thing again and there are reasons and solutions you can check out .

Hope this helps!

I tried the clams on my next quilt and it worked like a charm so I don't think it is an uneven table. I do have the shelf liner under the template. My next quilt I will use the Baptist Fans and see how those go. I'll give the rubber band a shot next Spirals quilt. As I quilted along, I did notice that it wasn't jumping out as often so maybe it is just a learning curve.

Guest Linda S

When you get your Circle Lord, there should be an instruction with it that tells you about the height of the stylus. Let me see if I can explain this. The stylus is inside a square metal tube and inside the square metal tube is a white plastic tube. Take the stylus out of the holder. Put a block of wood or something else solid under the metal tube. Then take a thread spool or something that will fit inside that metal tube and sit on top of the white plastic. Hit it with a hammer a couple of times until the white plastic tube slips down a little further inside the metal tube. Take away the thread spool and wooden block and put your stylus back in it. The stylus should now ride lower in the groove and should not pop out easily.

Linda

After my DH set up my CL last week I too was having problems with the stylist comming done far enough to stay within the grove of the templates/ tiles. So I tried getting the white plastic thing inside the stylus assembly like it has been mentioned before but it was so tight in there that I was only able to get it to come done a little bit (not far enough to stay within the grove) then I noticed that the white knob screws onto the stylus and there is enough tread on the screw that if you unscrew it a little you can drop the stylus down farther. This has worked for me! ;)

Also my DH went to Home Depot to get the shelf liner that Michael recommeds for holding the king templates and tiles in place. Make sure you get the "Contact Brand Ultra Grip Liner" it is thicker than the other brands. Also it comes in 2 widths 12" or 20" make sure you get the 20" wide so it is large enough to cover the 18" tiles and the king templates otherwise you will have your stylist jumping out of the groves in the areas where the liner doesn't cover. I purchased 3 rolls (they come in 4ft rolls) so it covers the back of my 12 ft table.

Joann

Archived