CL

Ok my CL arrived last week. I looked at the video and have gone over the manual. My son in law is going to help me raise the carriage. My question is there was not a lot of instruction with this system. How am I going to figure out how to use it ?. I think I can use the giant templates no problem but the CL looks like there will be a learning curve. Any help will really help.

Thanks Nora

Washougal Washington

Millenium

Nora,

Be not afraid.

When you get it set up and start using it

you will see that the Circle Lord itself is not complicated.

You have a 25 page manual with lots of pictures, several

videos, 500 webshots of quilt examples and template

designs, and the The The Circle Lord News with lots of the latest information. And, you also have customer service, even while we are MQS.

We provide you with lots of patterns. Where you put these,

is a exercise in quilt design.

I am sure, when you get it set up, if you have specific

questions or problems, we all can help you.

Cheers,

Michael

Nora,

Michael is right, it really couldn't be simpler. Play with it for a while, especially the smaller templates. It's pretty amazing what you can do with them. Yes, the giant ones are pretty self explanatory, but with the manual and some play time, you'll be a CL goddess soon too.

Beth

I got mine last week as well, my DH already set me up and yes there does seem to be a lot of info on the different types of circles that you can do. But I think Michael just wanted to cover all of the basics so that when it comes to adding the other templates like the starz, featherz, ginko etc... it will seem like childs play.

Try to break it down into sections for instance Micheal has it broken out into 5 sections in the manuel.

1) Making circles

2) Making simple circles

3) Making lage circles/ baptist fans

4) Making complex circles

5)Making ray designs

Each section is only 1 page long. So when you get ready to load up your machine to practice just do one section at a time. Start with the first section and play with that until you get the hang of it then work your way through the other sections. Then in no time you will be the circle goddess as Michael stated ;)

I do recommed though if you do get the other templates such as the aztec, starz, heartz, stella ect.. that you also purchase the work books that go with them it helps "decode" how to do the different pattern combinations.

One thing I do wish that was available to purchase was a computer program that has the designs of these templates so you can design and combine the different designs/images (from the different templates) to come up with new patterns instead of having to stitch out every thing first. Also it would be nice to be able to copy and paste these new patterns that you come up with so you can put them on your business website for customers to choose the designs they want on their quilts. Hopefully if Michael is reading this he can help with this one...please, please, pretty please ;)

Thanks

Joann

Hi,

I just received my CL last Friday. I set it up on Sat (my son helped hold the machine while putting on the bolts/washers) and was playing with it on Sun. I had a baby quilt that i needed to get done and decided to be brave and just go for it!! First real quilt on Lilly.

I did something really simple. Used the Stars template and the zigzag. It was great! I'll try to post pics after i get the binding on.

The only thing i found is that you have to be careful and place your lft hand on the template to make sure it doesn't jiggle. I had a couple of stars that didn't match up perfectly. Otherwise it isn't hard.

Thanks to this chat site I was able to get my tension perfect. I used Polyquilter on top and bottomline in the bobbin. Thank you all.....

llfarqr- your suggestion to help with getting top tension is great!! thanks.

Lani

Hi Georgene,

thanks Kenna for the help on Linda's user name.

Georgene, i'm sorry i wasn't able to get right back to you. i had a shock of my 10 yr old daughter being diagnosed with lupus and being admitted to the hospital Friday. My husband brought his laptop for me so i could get online.

The tip was to thread your machine. Pulling the thread thru the needle towards the back of the machine the tension spring should move from 10:00 to 8:00. My machine is at 11:00 to 9:00. this has worked great as a starting point, making little adjustments as needed.

Hope this works for you too!

thanks,

Lani

Thanks Lani.

I'm a newbie too, so any help is appreciated. I'm trying to absorb all I can.

I think I get what you mean -- you watch the little hook like spring that you feed your thread over, and see how much it moves?

Lani, I'm really, really sorry about your daughter's diagnosis. I hope it goes into remission real soon.

I've had my CL two weeks now and am completely wowed. It is a breeze to make circles, I've put concentric circles on a quilt, made circles for several wreathes, centers for flowers. It is incredible. Custom work is so much fun now. I got 3 giant templates - clam, fan, and spiral and have used them all and love them. It is so easy to use (of course, I do have an engineer for a husband so I can ask for help figuring out how to do things), but it honestly is quite easy, and I'm really mentally impared when it comes to reading instructions. If I can do it, you can do it, Nora. Have a ball.

Guest Linda S

I set my Circle Lord up all by myself. Well, okay, I had to call Michael for a little help, but I think it might be because I got the first stylus designed or re-designed for the Liberty. It wasn't that hard to do, didn't take that long, and I was instantly rewarded by all the fun stuff I could do once it was on the machine! :D I love this tool. (Yes, I guess you all know that already!)

Linda

Archived