Anniversary Quilt Pics

My sister had me make this for her husband's cousin's. They celebrated they're 50th. Photo quilts are not my favorite to do, but at least I got to pick out the fabric. My friend Kathy Levesque helped me to piece it. The cute little inner border is a CQ sashing from JoAnn Hoffman compuquilterdesigns.com. That dang swirly thing I can't seem to ever stop doing!! What's that about? Do you guys have designs that you just do all the time and can't seem to stop? Anyway, Gold Superior metallic thread.

Love the quilting around the pics! and that love letter...why don't guys do that anymore? I would love a letter like that from my DH but he prefers to let "Hallmark" do the writing instead, lol ;)

BTW Cheryl where on earth do you find the time to do all of this extra stuff when you are already so busy?

Joann

Awwww! The quilt is lovely, the quilting is beautiful but that love letter saying he would marry her...meet her later at the bus stop and then the "PS: Goodnight Baby" message at the very end just did it for me. I'm sold. :) How utterly romantic. Love is still #1. Yaaay! Wow... what a very cool sweet wonderful quilt. What an honor to do this, Cheryl. It is a truly a family treasure.

Very nice Cheryl!! I love the swirls, It really enhances that fabric!

I have "YET" to do a pic quilt myself. I did get asked to do a 100th anniversary of our church quilt, (in 2009), which will be displayed in our "new church" which construction of it will be completed in about 5 yrs. I felt honored! Fingers crossed on that pic quilt! LOL

Anyway, Awsome job cheryl!!!

Joann, I don't know how I am finding the time! I think because American Idol is not on right now!

busybee, the thread is Superior GOLD Metallic. This time I choose gold because the 50 th wedding anniversary is "GOLDEN".

SheriB -good luck! Make sure to include us and let's see pic's!

What a love letter! I think we need to go back to the old days and learn some of the things from our ancestors on what love really is. Our kids just send each other stupid texts that mean nothing and are just time eaters. I remember waiting days to get a letter from someone I loved or a friend, now we have no anticipation, everything is microwave quick and falls apart just as quickly. And I love his hair on the picture (hers too) none of this messy look and carelessness that kids wear these days. I wish I could think of a way to bottle up what real lasting love is and teach it to this world. Cheryl, that quilt is just incredible and you did such a gorgeous job bringing out the message in it. For me is isn't just a memory quilt it makes me think about how life should really be. Thank-you for sharing.

Cher

Archived