Teresa.....

Thanks for sharing pictures of your QOV quilts you quilted. I love how you quilted them.

I just recently started quilting for "American Hero Quilts". These quilts are then sent up to Madigan Hospital in Fort Lewis, Washington for the returning injured soldiers.

There is a group of ladies in Sisters, Oregon that are getting together every week making these quilts and so far I have done 4 quilts.

I just received my Circle Lord "Swirls" and after seeing your pictures, I'm excited to quilt more with the swirls.....

Thanks Teresa, you did a beautiful job, and thanks for sharing your pictures.....:D

Linda B.

From... Dyersburg, Tennessee

sunny central Oregon

APQS Millennium

Linda,

My son's home base is Ft. Lewis, but he's in Iraq right now, of course. I know that the soldiers there will appreciate the quilts.

Did you get the giant Swirls template from CL? I just have the little round one, but I moved it from place to place to do the whole quilt.

Hi Teresa....

Yes, I did get the giant Swirls template from CL. I had been drooling over it and thought it was (in my mind anyway) one of their most versatile templates. I am ready to quilt a small quilt today using it and will post pictures tomorrow or tonight....

My husband was stationed in Ft. Lewis back in 64-65, and last Sept. we went to a 4th Infantry Division Reunion right on the base.

Oh, almost forgot, I too have the small round one, it's great for being able to move it whereever you want......;)

Teresa, if you ask me, those are just what the doctor ordered. They are very cozy and warm while being patriotic too. Did you make the tops as well? Your quilting fits them so well. I think they give a warm hug as well as saying "Thank you!". Bless you for doing it!

NO Patty, I didn't piece them. Three were pieced by a group in New Jersey and one was pieced by a lady in Alabama.

Through QOV, somebody does the piecing and somebody else does the quilting. Then the quilts are donated to injured soldiers.

Check out the program

www.qovf.org

Great Job! Jusgt a note for all of you longarmers...even those who are still practicing, QOV, and American Hero quilts are looking for longarmers. I just received a note today saying they are especially needed in the east, and also in California.

It is such a worthy cause, and it doesn't take too much time...The quilts go to injured soldiers. With QOV after I send the quilt back to the piecers, they always let me know where the quilt was sent, and the circumstances.

With American Hero Quilts, those quilts are given to the injured soldiers here in the States. I think mostly here in Washington State, where we have a few large hospitals for the injured soldiers.

There are websites you can look at to become involved. I don't have them right offhand, but if you are interested, I know we can help get you headed in the right directions.

thanks for letting me on my soapbox for a few minutes!!!

Karen Burns

Carnation Washington

Teresa,

Your son's base is here in Washington. Is he in the mobile humvee force? (I forget the name of it right off) They seem to be QUITE busy...

My prayers are always with them, and the rest of our soldiers out there. Please let us know if there is anything that he, and the other soldiers with him need.

Has he been there long?

Know that you will also be in my prayers. It is difficult being the parent of a soldier out there also.

Take care.

Karen Burns

Carnation Washington

I'm not sure what his unit is called but he is with a group from Ft. Lewis that is stationed outside of Baghdad. I won't say more since you never know who's reading in on our conversations. Supposedly they come home the end of September, unless somebody in Washington makes another stupid decision to keep them there longer or send them over to another country.

Oh Teresa, I will be praying for his safe return. Not only him but all of our brave men and women who are serving in far off lands. My son is ex-Army (has a medical discharge for injuries during his time with the 82nd Airborne) so soldiers are near and dear to my heart

Archived