Another Lurker

OK ladies I am jumping in. I finally got my Ultimate II back from APQS due to problems in shipping, she had some bumps and bruises. Thank goodness nothing serious. She is used but looks pretty good to me. I am so excited to have her here. I have been reading all the emails for about a year now and really enjoy all of you. Now I just have to figure out how to run my little beauty!!!

Judi in Texas

PS Are there ever any classes in Texas?????

I know Texas is a huge state...but we have some gals there, maybe one is close enough to give you a hand.

Welcome to the forum. It still amazes me that people can lurk and not talk!! So we want to hear from you. You may encounter some difficult spots here and there in the beginning. We've all been there. Seems to be an adjustment period to get use to. Someone will be here to help, and if we can't we will get you in the right direction.

Congrats on your new baby, glad to hear she is going to be okay. Now get busy...we love pictures.

Mary Beth

Thanks for the encouragement. I am still learning the site although I have been on it for a year!!!! I hope to learn how to post a pic. I have printed off the directions and will try again.

Linda-Ramona, Were you by the earthquake last night? Hope all is well out your way.

Judi

Welcome Judi!

Where in Texas are you? We have a rep in Lewisville (Dallas) who gives classes and another rep in Houston. You can find their contact info if you go back to our home page and then at the top click on "Find a Dealer", there you can click on a map and that will bring up our reps that are in your area.

Take care,

Linda....good to hear that you are okay....I have ridden a few while in Reno and they aren't fun....:D

Judi in Texas Welcome to our little happy family......I am no where close to you, but I have had my ULTII for a zillion years so if you need help and can't reach anyone else....just yell. Would be happy to help when and where I can.

Thanks to all of you and Bonnie I appreciate the opportunity to get help from you.

I am near San Antonio, so Dallas and Houston are not that far. Mark I will look them up. However, time is more of a problem than distance. I am self employed and still need to work so that I can afford my "hobby". TEE HEE Sewing is how I relax.

Linda, glad to hear you are safe and well.

Judi;

So glad to find other Texans on here, I have relatives in Boerne, I absolutely love to visit there!!

I am a reader and learner right now, thinking about the middle of next year taking the leap and getting a longarm!

Do you plan on going to Houston this year? I have never been but am looking forward to going and checking all out, hopefully take a longarm for a test drive....

Again, it is good to chat and hope to get to know all of you!

Debbie

Hi Judi! Welcome to the chat! Texans are coming out of the woodwork! I live just south of Houston, in Alvin. Kind of a Houston subdivision since you can't tell where one stops and the other starts!

Debbie, prepare yourself! The Houston show is huge so bring good shoes! All the the LA Manufacturers will be there so you'll get to try them all. (but you'll fall in love with APQS);)

Sorry I have not answered the emails but I was in El Paso since last Friday unfortunately for a family emergency. I thought about Houston too late and did not get registered!!! But I do hope to go next year. If anyone is in Boerne please give me a call and we can chat. Thanks, Judi

Hey, I have had my Ultimate II ever since the Ultimate II was the ultimate machine....I have only had to replace a motor a couple of times, like I think Bonnie said, it takes the lickins and keeps on ticken! You really can do just about anything on it. Quilting is just about what you are used to...

Earthquake? Did we have an earthquake? I didn't feel a thing. You can always tell a native Californian. The one who keeps drinking their coffee when everyone else is diving under the tables. If it rolls and shakes for longer than 30 seconds to a minute, you just say, "Wow! That was a good one!"

No, really..we have had some bad ones in the past with lots of losses. Most of them don't bother anyone, but occasionally they're devastating. I still rather deal with them than some of those terrible storms, flooding, tornados, etc. I'll keep the earthquakes, thank you.

Being a native Missourian - Orarkian to be exact...transplanted to the big city...I love storms and I would be a tornado/storm chaser if DH would let me. I don't know what there is about them, but - I think....and I know you are going to think I'm ready for the funny farm....storms are just beautiful. When I was a kid, we didn't have a basement or any place to seek shelter. My parents were always cool as a cucumber when it came to storms. My dad would sit on the front porch and watch the sky, and we (kids) would follow him out...my mom would read a book or work on her needlework...and it was just relaxing. We didn't have the weather man blab, blab, blabbing all day long about lightning in the area or which way the wind was blowing...I lliked it.

Earthquakes...I dunno...I don't think so....

Okay, I'm ready to load up in the nice white car with red lights and go to the rubber room now ;)

Mary Beth, I love the storms also. I love to sit out on the patio and watch the lighting and listen to the rain. I grew up in the desert southwest and miss the smell of the desert after a rain. I now live in the Texas Hill Country and see more rain than I ever thought I would and still love it.

Archived