I tried it...

Mary Beth

I used the laser light on the front and traced a star from another block...whew...it is a little more difficult then I though...Also, I think my stitches are way too small...but, it work.

At this point I am just over half finished with the blasted blocks - Feels like I have been working on this quilt forever!!

post--13461898401226_thumb.jpg

The cross-hatching DOES look good. :)

I know it is time-consuming no matter what tool or ruler you use. You know you don't have to cross-hatch every block , do you? It would be nice to mix it up with some other yummy backgrounds that are more free-motion than back-breaking. :D

Oh, and I like the star. CL stars are cool but I like the rounded ones for this quilt. Did you use one of your brand-spanking-new-MQS rulers?? :P

You can do this.

Nope!! No rulers for this advanced freehand guru!! I aimed my little laser light at one of the stars in the next block over and ta-da!! Well actually, stitch, rip, stitch, ta-da!!

I am not sure the quilters in this city will be able to afford the price I charge for crosshatching after this.

Mary Beth you are an inspiration to all of us who are still a little bit laser shy and the cross hatching is really beautiful. I lke what Linda in Ramona said about maybe doing some freehand in some of the blocks. No matter what you do though this is going to be one beautiful quilt.

Archived