Applause Please

Loved your quilt and the quilting looked great. I am a little envious of your storage room. It's so neat and orderly. I think that kind of organization is either in your genes or not. I think I may not have it but I struggle to arrive at something like semi order. I recently did my fabric room and it was more of the bin madness. I was happy if even flannel was in with flannel. You inspire all of us.Thanks for sharing.

Thank you all for the thunderous applause (blushing) I love it.

I used a 100% cotton from www.connectingthreads.com in Ohio. The fabric is made in India I believe and is very soft and has a lovely sheen to it. The batting is a soft loft polyester and the backing is 100% cotton again.

As far as the speed is concerned, you have to experiment with that. I don't have a SR on my Freedom, so I set my speed dial to 9 and just go to it. I guess I go fairly slow depending on the pattern but my stitches are so even and neat I must be doing something right. I really don't miss the SR. If you have a SR on your machine, I guess it really doesn't matter how fast or slow you are going (Experts please feel free to add to this) all stitches are supposed to be the same?! And again, I guess how fast you move the machine again depends on the pattern. Daisy Swirl is certainly alot slower than Chantilly Lace.

Love you all, thanks again and have a great day. Gotta go and quilt now.

My website can be seen by clicking on the little www under my post and my Quilts for Sale are at

www.quiltlover.etsy.com

not sure if that is permitted to appear on this forum. If not, please don't tar and feather me, I need to quilt some more

Skip the "tar" and on with the "feathering"!!!!

You are inspiring to this "newbie". I have the Freedom SR and right now my SR is still not working, but will be when I get a replacement part shipped in. However, I am running manual mode and having a blast with my practice pieces. Right now, I am working on my feathers and I DO see a glimmering of hope! In the beginning, my feathers on paper far surpassed what I could do on fabric - but now, much better - I can see progress and that excites me!

Monika, how long have you been quilting? And how long have you been qulting with your Freedom?

Aloha,

Hawaii Barbara

PS Please feel free to pop in to play, if you are ever in "paradise" and need a Freedom Fix!

Oh Monika!! You gooooooo girl!!! Way to go!! You did it! You're doing it!!! Fabulous quilting!!

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||| |||| ||||||||| ||| || | ||| || | || | | | ||

Just didn't want to stop clapping! Congrats on a SPLENDID beginning, Monika! :)

It was great talking to you on the phone Monika. Thanks for the tip on that very intricate daisy panto you used on this quilt. It's fabulous and you definitely have great control over the stitching because the overall appearance is very professional. That's a repeater pattern! I would imagine that you'll get even faster at it as you do more of them. It seems that all of us are in agreement that the quilt is lovely which probably is a good indication that it would sell well and perhaps doing it in another color way would make for a yet another good product to offer for sale. Good luck with getting your business well established. You'll find that the free hand quilting will be easier and easier.

I'm so impressed with your pretty storage space. The other day I attacked the pantry with great results. Having all that food makes me feel rich. And I get the same feeling with fabric. Looks like you feel the same. We're so lucky.

Vicki

Thank you all again for the applause, my ears are ringing and you know what???? It feels great!

Cathey, the pattern is Daisy Swirls, a Jodi Beamish design, from Willow Leaf Studios. 1 row = 8", so you do both rows and 16" path of your Quilt is done. If it's a small quilt, it will go fast, and if your are a pro like you it'll go fast, but I was sweating bullets at times. Concentration is the key but worth the effort.

You're all wonderful, thanks for all your acknowledgements. Isn't the internet great? I don't think I could live without it. I live in Farming Country, lots of acerages and not really any neighbors you can walk to comfortable. What a lonely life the women in this scenario must have had 100 years ago. no phone, no internet, no car, I wonder what they would say now!

Sorry for rambling (do you think I lack human contact maybe??)

Monika,

My husband keeps saying I need to make quilts to sell. It sounds like you are doing good. Was it hard getting your website set up and how long before you were selling quilts from the website? Also where do you advertise with your website. Sorry so many questions but this is something I have seriously been considering for a long time now. I live in a rural area and i have a feeling that my long arm business will also be a slow start, so in the meantime . . .

I love that quilt! Looked at it last week but was too busy to post!!!

Hi Kathy, send me an e-mail to moden@sasktel.net and I'll tell you all about it. I just came back from the local Farmers Market and sold 3 quilts this morning, 1 set of placemats, and 2 tote bags, all this in 3 hrs in a community of about 900. Not bad, better actually than from my web store. So e-mail me and i'll give you all the ins and outs as I know them.

Bravo, Bravo!!

What a beautiful quilt!! Boy; I am really inspired!! On day... one day!! I am in the learning stages and hopefully will put one together soon!

If my "full time" job will let me have enough time for my "hobby". But then again, my full time job is paying for all of my "hobby" supplies therefore, no complaints.

Olivia :D

Archived