Applause Please

Hello there,

It's me again, sorry i keep popping in and out now and then. But niow that I have this wonderful machine, her and I are dancing up a storm just about everyday. I am still working on building a customer base and it's slow in coming. I am advertising like crazy and networking and have my own website as well. I advertise on the local online classifieds and it has driven a lot of traffic to my website, but no bites yet. As many of you know I made a bunch of quilts while waiting for my Freedom to arrive and I used them to get fmiliar with the process of long arming. Well, there is a market for everything. I know have an online store and I am selling Quilts left right and center. They are going to Australia (2 so far) Florida, Washington, Michigan,NH and NC.

I feverishly work making quilts only to have them bought at the local Farmer's Market Wednesdays and Saturdays. The nerve of some people! As you can imagine, I am really happy, I just wish the main purpose (i.e. longarm quilting) of my machine purchase would materialize in a bigger scope.

Anyway, Vicki sent me a picture today of a Banner she did and although I can only dream of being as good as that before I leave this earth, I just finished a quilt of which I am very proud. Nobody better buy it, or I'll punch them..lol.

So I would like to share it with you all. Your comments good or not so good are all welcome. I love growing n this medium and all constructive criticism is very welcome. There are 3 pictures of the Quilt and 1 of a section of my studio which is so organized, I don't know if I ever touch anything in there again.

Thanks for lidtening and looking.

Monika

post--13461898501906_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the compliments y'all, had the blue fabric for ever teresa, probably from when I went trucking, I think I bought it somewhere in Finley, Tn..haha,

Renee you'll have loads of fun with your Freedom. Mine is a great gal and there is nothing we can't tackle (I think)

Monika,

That is one heckofa GORGEOUS quilt!! Did you piece as well as quilt it?

Are you going to sell this one at "market"?? You will surely get a good price for this one!

Aloha,

Hawaii Barbara

PS You do a great job of "stash storage". Maybe you should hire out to those of us whose "stash runneth over"!!!:P

Oh you're all sooooo wonderful. If you pay my plane fare I'll come to your place and organize, love organizing almost as much as quilting. Yes I piece all my Quilts as well as quilt them. I do simple Quilts because the price

is right for the demographics I live in. Anything over $350.00 doesn't sell, so I keep them Country Quilts and Panel Quilts, and Strippy Quilts. Works great. Fabrics are all premium, no compromise there.

The quilt is gorgeous. You better hide that one if you want to keep it.

I need you sitting beside me when I start de-cluttering my house. I am determined to do it. Read a good book on it two weeks ago, but still haven't started. I read the book again tonight and wrote out the main points. I need you to tell me, "No, you don't need that!", "Get started!" "Have you used it in the last year? No, then get rid of it!" Do you do phone consultations? Oh, wait, you're in Canada. Hmmm, I don't think my calling plan extends to free calls to Canada. Anybody in the USA want to be my de-cluttering pal?

Monika,

How far away are you from Michigan? I was just thinking that I really should hire someone to come in and do a clean sweep thing in my house. I use to be really good but the last few years have taken a toll on me and especially lately I just don't feel like doing anything to the house, just let me quilt. Your quilt is stunning, I can sure see why you are selling them.

Shana, I will take you up on that but the catch is you have to come here first...:P

Monika - I pop in and out too. Meh, I'd like to spend more time here, but quilts call, and so does the new puppy.

Your quilt is to die for. I love it!

I'm in the process of organizing my studio, too. For years I had "work fabric" stored in there. I did custom needlework finishing. This is all gone now, but, dang! It's taken me 4 months to even get to the beginning of the reorganization, LOL.

Archived