Quilt Rescue on ebay is it addicting?

I\'ve purchased a DWR - hand seamed - and didn\'t lay very flat, at all. I also purchased another hand pieced quilt. A gentleman bought a house and found it in his attic in the corner under the rafters. He smashed it - really rolled it up, pushed it into a shoebox and shipped it to me. It was so wrinkled I could barely get it ironed out, but I love that DWR quilt. I always wanted one and knew I\'d probably never have the patience to make one. Felt like a great rescue.

I can\'t even imagine sticking a quilt top (or anything else that I\'ve toiled over) up in a corner of an attic! And, then for the man to shove it in a box! Someone put their heart and soul into that and then it gets abused. Good for you (and it) that you rescued that quilt.

My daughter knows that if I croak, she better take care of my cats, quilts and jewelry :D You know, the important things!

Oh dear, ladies I must hold the stupid husband record. I hav 1st SH, 2nd Mean SH, and then there\'s the 3rd SH, then there\'s another SBF. I gave up about 10 years ago.....I don\'t trust myself anymore! Now days when I se that look I fling up my arms (like the orangutang in that old Clint Eastwood movie) and run in the other direction muttering "oh no you don\'t...".

I\'ve just scanned quickly thru this thead and wow, what beautiful quilts you all have rescued. I have a "Bullet Proof Polyester Knit" quilt that my aunt made. A huge king size that is soooooo heavy, you have to lift weights for a week before you get under it just so you can move. But I wouldn\'t trade if for anything. She tied it rather than quilted it. It is very colorful and will NEVER fade or wear out!!!:D:D It spends most of the time in the linen closet but maybe I\'ll get it out and attach a sleeve to it and hang it on my tall wall in my studio. Just for a change of scenery!!

Hear, Hear Jen!! I tell people that when they call and I quote them a price. My speech goes something like..."if you don\'t hire me to do your quilting, please hire someone. It would be a shame to keep that quilt hidden in a closet after someone worked so hard on putting it together!"

Archived