Cute fall table center w/pics

Just finished this cute table center for a customer--and was hoping she didn't want to keep it!!! She wanted pumpkins in the stars and the rest was whatever--did some CC in the 4patches and a freemotion ribbon piano key border--was really fun to do once I figured it out!!!

post--13461898677289_thumb.jpg

I really like the idea of the ribbon piano keys....DUH!!!! like I never thought of that either, I must have been under a rock the last few weeks.....man, not good. However, I really like this table topper...it will be a neat touch for Halloween or even into Thanksgiving.

Bonnie--I guess I did the piano keys that way--mostly because I didn\'t want to try staying in the ditch on that inside border--and not get any of the green thread in the cream inside--and the customer wasn\'t paying for custom so didn\'t want to do SID. I have a $35 minimum--and sometimes on table runners I give them a little more special treatment--so they get their monies worth. Dont\' know if that\'s right--it is just how I do it.

Terri,

I love the idea of ribbon piano keys. Perfect for this fun project. The ribbon-wave looks so festive and less tailored than regular piano keys. And of course, freemotion so no ruler or channel locks...you gotta love that. I use piano keys to tame a wavy border. I bet this would do the same thing.

And of course, my usual question... What thread did you use? It looks like a varigated but whose and what color # or name?

I alos like the pumpkins in the corners and the pumpkin seeds, too.

Nice job. :)

Linda--one was a King Tut--I think Olive greens, and the other a varigated Signature--at work right now--so cant\' tell the numbers and I used a solid biegey Signature on the back.

I was going to put that in my first post--but kinda late last night and forgot!!

Enjoy!

Archived