Bonnie's Fab Steam Method

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the words of Shana....WOWSA, that\'s a huge tuck, I\'m not sure you will be able to get enough out so that you will be happy when you go to stitch. Let us know, but I really really think that tuck is way to big to get out with the spray starch and steaming.

Those who are wondering....all the pictures are in the progam and the editing and audio is being done now. Since I\'m doing it all myself...its not going to be super professional, but you will get the idea across.

Last night I steamed and starched those hills into semi-submission, and this afternoon I quilted my first real feathers. Am I the only one intimidated by my own quilts? Can\'t tell you how many little projects I decided to finish so I didn\'t have to go face that task....

Anyway, here\'s a photo of the back after the feathers - didn\'t remember to take one after the BFS&SM and before the quilting. It\'s the same spot as the earlier photo. Some wrinkles/creases, but short of frogging the entire border, this seemed llike the lesser of two evils. The backing is busy enough that I don\'t think anyone will notice, unless they\'re looking for it, and the feather stitching nailed most of it down.

Congratulations Barb.....I really thought that this was going to be one of those times that it helps, but doesn\'t work completely....I\'m so glad it worked this well for you. YEAH!:D

P.S. I have lost my voice due to a sinus infection, so audio will just have to wait a bit more....working on scripps now.

Hi Jen,

I use this method on every quilt. It really makes each row I quilt lay nice and flat. Before I put the quilt on the rails I steam starch it. I also partially float all my tops this way if there are any issues I can get on top of them right away. I have had some real doozies. Bonnie is a life saver.

Nora

Millennium

Archived