2004 Freedom For Sale in Canada

Thank you both, you are "darlings", no pun intended Sandra. I am having health issues and that has financial repercussions. As well my business has not taken off in the great strides I had hoped for. being here in the back woods with several other "established" and "cut throat pricing" LA\'ers hasn\'t helped any either. I have spent a lot of money advertising, doing freebies, all the stuff you need to do, even E-Bay!! lol, but it hasn\'t brought enough business to warrent keeping the machine.

Thanks for the hugs and thoughts.

Thanks Sandra for the U2U, by the way I don\'t have a grand daughter, you must have me confused with some other Monika, but I sure like the hugs. Thanksabunch

Shana...I looked at your website...just awesome. I love it, way to go girl. All my wishes for your great success. You\'ll do it girlfriend.

As far as I am concerned, life is what it is, I have dealt with kidney issues since 2002, now my back and internal issues are in the picture....i must have been a rotton person in a previous life to deserve all this. Sorry, just feeling sad right now. will be better in the morning. Thanks for the squeeze

Take care, stay in touch and if you know anyone who would love a well loved and oiled Freedom, send them my way.

Monika

Hi Monika,

I guess I was thinking about Bonnie. I am pretty sure she is the one who is raising a granddaughter. I\'m sorry for that mistake.

I don\'t think you were ever a bad person; not even in a past life! I have no explanation why good people are tested with illness and disease, but it seems to happen. It seems so unfair.

I only have one biological sister, but I feel as though I have many quilting sisters - including you. I will say a prayer for you and please know I am sending you many hugs.

Sandy

Monika,

I checked out your quilts you were selling on etsy before and thought they were fantastic!

Even, if you have to sell your machine now, down the road you can start again. I had to do that and I can\'t believe I\'m quilting again.

You are such a sweet and wonderful lady. You are in my prayers for the doctors to help you and the healing of your kidney complications. A friend of my sons is going through problems with his kidney with lots of pain and he had just one to start with, so we are praying that God will work through the doctors and they will do great things for him too.

Disease is a awful thing on this earth that happens to the best of people. Know that your are loved and cared about by we quilters out here.:)

Hello again,

I just had a heart to heart with a very good friend and come to the conclusion it\'s too early to give up or in. I have wiorked hard for this machine and I can always list later if I have too.

Thanks for all your support, thought, hugs and squeezes. I\'ll stay in touch.

Monika

Monika...No, I don\'t believe you were a bad person either....sometimes we just are dealt a stinky hand that must be played out and we with all that is good know it will be better for you as well soon.

Its not fair that you must depart with your machine, but that is a choice only you can make and you know what is best for you at this time. HOWEVER, don\'t forget your friends here....we will still want to hear from you. You will continue to quilt, just not with a LA....we will all want to see the fab stuff you put out.

Originally posted by Monika Hello again,

I just had a heart to heart with a very good friend and come to the conclusion it\'s too early to give up or in. I have wiorked hard for this machine and I can always list later if I have too. Thanks for all your support, thought, hugs and squeezes. I\'ll stay in touch. Monika

Monika, I am glad that you had a "HEART to HEART" with your friend. Always listen with your heart as it speaks the truth...always.

Yes, I agree it is too soon to give up. Some things we just have to muddle through and put it on the back burner until the timing is right again, but selling your machine in haste... oh that is a last-resort thing to do. I am glad you are keeping it and rolling with the flow.

(personally if you ask me, you have worked hard all your life and now have your little dream machine to use and play. You deserve this machine as a testimate to your hard work. Please let your dream machine live with you forever, regardless of what life tosses at you, and some day the business will get better...hang in there, little buckaroo!) :)

((hugs))

Monika,

I agree with Shana, if I had would have had to do it over again, I wouldn\'t have sold my machine when I was going through my difficult times, but I panicked. And you have been going through the hardest time of getting started already.

I hope you can manage to hang on to it, if it isn\'t too big a financial burden.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Monika! I\'m so sorry to hear about your health problems! When you were here for your Beginners Workshop, you were a dynamo. I don\'t think I\'ve ever had a student who was so dedicated to "working" while in class. I think you\'re the only person who ever finished their whole sampler quilt in the workshop. I could see your determination and dedication.

If there\'s any way you can keep that machine, please find a way. Try to take the pressure off of "producing" and getting customers. This could be a good healing hobby for you. I know how much you enjoy the machine. If you\'re able, just keep playing at it when you can, challenging yourself to try new things, perfecting one technique at a time.

When I\'ve had severe physical or emotional challenges, it\'s always been the creative spirit within me that gave me the courage and will to get out of bed. A new challenge everyday, that has nothing to do with health issues or financial pressures, is a very good thing. It keeps your mind distracted, and your soul happy!

Please stay in touch!

BIG Hugs,

Darlene

I\'m praying for the best outcome for you Monika. You\'re too strong a woman to give in easily!

Darlene hit two very important points.

1. Longarm quilting is very healing and stress reducing. It\'s what I do when I get home from a really bad day at the school.

2. When you stop worrying about getting customers you can concentrate more on quilting, doing your own thing and getting better. Then the customers will come. I truly believe that now, because it\'s happening to me.

((((((MONIKA)))))))))))

Monika, Darlene and Teresa are so right. Quilting is the best therapy! It\'s one of the things that keeps me sane. I don\'t have health problems, but I have major problems with my 17 year old son (in and out of juvenile hall, substance abuse, etc.) and everybody keeps telling me to seek therapy for my own wellbeing. Personally, I would rather be quilting because that helps me deal with everything and it\'s something I do for me. I hope that makes sense. Please don\'t get rid of your machine if you can help it. If you enjoy longarming, you deserve to have a machine for yourself and to enjoy all the joys of quilting just for you!

Big HUGS from me.. prayers for sure. God must love you SO much to let you have those problems to deal with. He trusts you to be strong enough to handle them.

May He guide you, and your health care providers to the best treatment available and a steady process of healing. I\'ll keep you in prayer.

God Bless..

RitaR

You are all such wonderful People, thanks so much for all your support. I will hang on to my machine for nowand keep on working. I am going for more tests in early January and we\'ll see what the outcome is.

Thanks for all the hugs and good wishes. I cannot tell you how much that means to me. I\'ll stay in touch and let you whats what with me.

Love

Monika

Archived