Drawing a blank, need design help fast

How about:

1. Wavy lines or half a feather on the red outside border in place of SID.

2. Wavy lines in the tree trunk in place of SID and then CC the top of the tree.

3. A wavy line around the outside of the pieced star and a simple allover design or meander in the middle of the star. Maybe stars of varying shapes and sizes or loops, or a large McTavish. Almost anything would work.

You could probably do all of this with one stop and start before having to roll the quilt.

Debbi

I think that just needs some texture.

I would do wavy rays emanating from the center of the star.

Then I would CC the tree parts, wavy trunk and any fill in tree blocks

2 or 3 wavy lines on red outer border or maybe holly leaves on red outer border with berries.

What do you plan to use for thread. I like Signature\'s parchment for the star and tree fill. But I\'m not sure that would be the best choice for the red border.

And oh boy, I know that you are going to have fun stabilizing that thing. ;)

I too like the idea of wavy lines. I would wavy line the outside of the star and then fill with something simple, even a stipple. I would do cc for the top of the trees and wavy trunk and then just stipple the background area if it still needs more stablizing. The outside red border I would do the holly leaves that somebody suggested...they go real quick!

Heidi

This quilt has been a real challenge. I couldn\'t do the CC because of the difference in fabric. The light blue is actually a heavy denim, the rest is quilter\'s cotton. I broke a couple of needles trying to get to the corners of the trianges. I finally gave up tonight and hope to try fresh in the morning. I\'m also having a time trying to get it to lay flat. I\'ve been steaming the daylights out of it and am getting flatter.

I too like the idea of wavey lines, or feathers, or curleques comming from the center of the star outward.

In the tree blocks is you cannot do CC then do a stipple in the light part and leave the rest unquilted.......that will give it diffinition............McTavish is even better but also takes more time so the stipple would likley work fine.

Then something in the red border that goes with what you do in the big star in the middle.

Be sure to post photos!

No photos, had to get it done and otta here. It wasn\'t too exciting anyway. She didn\'t want any wavy lines or "rays" and the bulk in the seams cut out most options. I ended up doing peacock meander in the entire center so I could go around the lumps but still hold the quilt nicely. n the border I did half feathers. Thanks for all the suggestions, all good ideas just not easily executed with the denim and "don\'t wants" of the customer.

Just had to let you know the lady came to pick up the Christmas tree skirt. She said it was so beautiful and she started to cry. She gave me a huge hug. It was nothing fantabulous, just peacock meander with half feather border - about as simple as you can get. There are those customers that you just can\'t please and there are sweeties like this one.

Archived