Newest Baby quilt

Well, my daughter is keeping me busy with making quilts for friends having babies. I have 4 tops all pieced, but only the first one all quilted and bound. The baby decided to come into the world 5 weeks early! How dare he! Doesn't he know it takes time to finish a quilt? Anyway mother and baby are doing fine and the quilt will be on the way this weekend to greet the baby when he comes home. Here are some pics. Can't seem to post them all at once, so I'll do them seperate.

post--13461898918127_thumb.jpg

Hi Jeannine,

I understand what you are going through making all those baby quilts. I have been going through that for the last 3 years, or so, with my kids and their friends. I have 2 tops here ready to quilt. I "think" I have a few more weeks, but you can never be too sure about these things.:)

Anyway, I really like the quilt you made. It\'s nice and bright and cheery. I also like the pantos you used.

Sandy

Nice!! I have 3 baby quilts to make for my friends and one on the frame for a friend. I\'ve been staring at this quilt top ALL DAY trying to decide how to quilt it. It is applique and a panto wouldn\'t do it justice. This will be my first custom and I\'ve only quilted 5 quilts with pantos. Its such a cute quilt and I don\'t want to make a mess of it. I"M SO NERVOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! You gave me motivation to go back and stare at some more LOL. Michelle

Thank you all for the nice comments.

Ruthie, I drew the crayons freehand onto a sheet of fax paper first and used it like a panto to assure it would fit the border perfectly. I saw a panto with crayons which was much to intricate for me, so I simplied. I don\'t have computer quilting or even a longarm so I do what I can with the set up I have.

Michelle, don\'t fret!!! I\'m sure whatever you decide to do will be great.

Just get there and do it!

Sheri,

I too hope the other 3 babies don\'t decide to come early.

Archived