friendship blocks done-pics here

dawnlam

Coleen,

I\'m not in a hurry for the your block, please take your time and don\'t stress about it. I\'m sure you have enough other things you can worry about. This is fun and you should have enjoy working on the blocks I\'m sure everyone of us has missed a deadline once or even two times:D You just keep plugging away slow and steady wins the race.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Claudia, I received your block on satuday and it is stunning. I will try and post pic of the blocks. They are all so beautiful. I am just missing one and I will make an extra for that one. Thanks to all who participated and especially Theresa for putting this all together. It was so much fun. Judi

post--13461899850648_thumb.jpg

Wow, I\'m impressed by all these beautiful photos. These look great together.

Thanks to Claudia for a super block from Germany. I love the fabrics; are those your own design line? It goes great with the others.

I\'m still waiting for one from Laura and one from MardiGras. I will probably wait until the middle of July before I start to do anything with my blocks. I will try to get a picture posted this week. Just got home from a trip and need to do laundry and clean house.

Teresa;

I was looking at my address for my Christmas block to send them too and I have 2 Cindy and 2 Shannon of the same people twice...... I went to page where we have the names we send too and I have a Lisa ,,, I will need Lisa address and last name...

you left me out Lisa,,, I still have 12 people,,,

Sorry

Wilma Depriest

Wilma,

For the Christmas blocks; you have:

Wilma

Judi O

Marylou

Karen

Saundra

Beth D

Pam

Sussane

Cindy

Shannon

Barb G

Merry JO

Lisa

There are not 2 Shannon\'s and not 2 Cindy\'s. I will try to locate Lisa\'s address for you, or maybe she can jump in here and email it to you directly.

I know I\'ve been the organizer, but my life is a bad mess right now. It might be easier for some of you who need addresses, zip codes, etc. to try to contact the person directly. I have to look for the book that had all that written it. Right now the dining room is stacked with boxes from son and DIL house. Sewing room is stacked full of stuff out of my classroom.

Claudia,

Received your beautiful block yesterday. Thanks so much. We have a soft spot for Germany. My husband was stationed there in the army. We were in Heidelberg from 1959 to 1963. We loved it. We were there when the Berlin wall went up; that was a scary time. We hope to get back there someday.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Coleen, I feel so stupid and you are so sweet to share, but I still can't figure it out. You know I used to be really great on the computer. I used to make the most awesome Newsletters and I used Excel and understood it and helped other people do things too. Now I feel as though I "know nothing" to quote Sargent Schultz ( Hogan's Heroes).

If someone who has endless patience can walk me through the process I will do it. I used the 'search' button and put in the word 'Christmas' but the block exchange thread didn't show up. I'm sorry to be such a pain.

:o

Has anyone received all of their friendship blocks and put them together???? I'm missing two and I think that I will go ahead and finish my quilt, with some of my own blocks, without them. Now that my Christmas blocks are coming in (I have 5) I don't want to get too back logged with unfinished projects. Have a great weekend everybody.

Teresa, when I get done with my storm at sea (from hell) I'm going to try to concentrate on my friendship quilt... I think I'll add a couple of blocks that I have left over from other quilts and make it a 15 block quilt.

Can't wait to see what everyone is doing..!

• 3 months later...

I've been watching the site to see if anyone else has finished their Friendship Quilt? FInished mine two days ago. Ladies, see if you can spot your block:

Karol K.

Beverly V

Kristie W

Judi O

Judi B

Linzi

Kristy C

Wilma D

Claudia

Ellen R

Marylyn J

Dianne B

This was a fun project, plus I have a new quilt! Thanks again to Teresa for her organizing skills.

post--13461900660326_thumb.jpg

Hi Bev,

What a beautiful Friendship quilt!!!

I have been too busy with life issues to put mine together. I now have my Birthday blocks (according to the rules, I should have mine done in 9 days-won't happen!), my Friendship blocks and now my Christmas blocks. I am hoping to work on mine after the holidays - well maybe starting in February, as January is already full. Where does the time go???? :D

Archived