friendship blocks done-pics here

dawnlam

I just posted on the Christmas block swap but I\'ll say the same thing kind of here....

My blocks are coming, I promise. I have 6 ready to go out tomorrow so please wait for them. I\'m trying to get the ones out that I know are chomping at the bit to get started and I\'ll keep plugging away at the rest. They are actually coming out nice (I think). I know I missed the deadline and I sincerely apologize. (You can\'t beat me up any more than I already beat myself up) No one needs to comment to try to make me feel better...just know that the blocks are coming.

Coleen

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will have to count mine and get back to you. I would be willing to make more and send out again....

You would NOT believe what I did! A good quilting buddy of mine gave me a HUGE garbage bag of her scraps and stuff she didn\'t want anymore. I went through it and pulled out just a bit of stuff I didn\'t want (a very tiny bag!!). Then I placed the rest into about 6 pillow cases and washed them. Of course it didn\'t want to dry very well - so I opened up the cases and just tossed it all in the dryer. I know she never prewashes, and I do.

Now - I have a laundry basked FULL of stuff!! I am hoping my daughter will help me cut these apart and press them - she loves to press!! Great helper that way - loves to organize my stash by color too...

SO - I have plenty of more scraps to make blocks with now!!!!!

I just need to find the time - somehow I will!

After Colleen\'s, I will be down two... but I\'ll just make my own. I\'ve done 3 block exchanges this year, two online and one local - and now I gotta get busy on my own stuff..... I\'ll be happy to join in again after Christmas!

Teresa, you did a wonderful job.. you can\'t worry about those who thought they were going to participate and didn\'t. I\'m sorry they didn\'t either... We have a great community of friends here, and life does get in the way of our fun sometimes. Please don\'t beat yourself up about it.

I would like to again thank all you ladies that sent me the friendship blocks. I am also 2 short, but I will just replace them.

Row 1- Wilma D. -- Bev H. -- Judi B.

Row 2- Teresa T.-- Jo Ellen R.-- Marylin J

Row 3- Kristie W -- Dianne B.-- Beth D.

Row 4- Sandra D--. Karol K. --Linzi U.

post--13461899743917_thumb.jpg

I am happy to go either way. Since I haven\'t tiedied my fabrics away yet, it\'s easy enough to make another two blocks (or so) and send out. It would be nice to make a quilt that you could point to all blocks and say they came from somewhere else.

If that\'s the way everyone is happy to play, I\'ll do that.

However, if people want to call it quits and just complete their quilts with the blocks that they received, I\'ll play along with those rules as well.

Theresa, thanks again for organising this, it was great fun to receive the blocks and learn a little about others on this forum.

I am also down to two. I will do what everyone else wants to do, either make my own or swap with each other. Just let me know. I am not getting on the chat as often as I was before due to family obligations, so please give me time to make new ones if we swap with each other.

I have really enjoyed the exchange and thanks go to Teresa for her hard work.

Judi Burr

The Friendship Block exchange was a fun activity for me. I enjoyed making and receiving the blocks. You all are so wonderful. I get lots of helps and ideas from your posts.

I have eleven blocks, I think that makes me short - wait Colleen is sending me one. Only short two. I have extra from the pattern I used. I will be glad to exhange with someone I have not sent one to, so someone does not get a duplicate. I did use some different colors but the same pattern for all. I need to try and figure out my camera and posting pictures.:o

Kristy C

Kristy. You may be onto something. What if I find out everybody who is short one or two blocks and compile a list of names. Then we can divide it up and make it even. Then you can send a 4 inch or 6 inch square of scrap fabric to the people on your list. Then we can use the scraps we receive in the mail and make our own "make-up" blocks. That way we can still say it all came from other people, and those last few blocks will have lots of names on them.

Does that make sense to y\'all? It makes sense to me, but I don\'t think the same way other people do.

Hi,

I have received 11 beautiful blocks! I have not heard from Coleen, Nancy, or Pam.

I don\'t mind sending scraps, or just making my own extra blocks. Whatever works for everyone.

This has been fun! I have enjoyed getting blocks from around the world, and I think the quilts we all make will be wonderful.

Thanks,

Teresa and Kristy....either way works for me....I\'m only down 1 thanks to someone who already sent out an extra one.

I too would be willing to make for the others that are short...just decide and it will be done.

Okay, just guessing here; but are these the people who are missing two blocks?

Judi Burr

Laura Pond

Karol

Bev Hogan

me

Beth

Sandra

Barbara

Heidi

Bonnie

Rita

Pam

Micelle

Susanne

Jen

Coleen

I know Coleen is finishing hers up. I thought Nancy was finished and had mailed all hers. I will try to check with Pam and see what is up with that?

What if everybody posted a really short summary of who they did receive blocks from. That way I will know who to ask about missing blocks.

I got from:

Marylyn Jones, Linzi Upton, Beverly Vance,

Dianne Brodin (2):P, Kristy Combs, Kristie Watson, Jo Ellen Rogers, Karol Kusmaul

Wilma Depriest, Bev Hogan, Judi Burr

I am missing blocks from Claudia, Laura Pond, and Mardi Gras

I have sent emails or U2U\'s or BOTH to Pam Nagle, Mardi Gras beads, and Nancy Propheter. I know Nancy posted a few days back (27th I think) to say her blocks were done and going in the mail this week.

Hopefully Pam will get back to us.

I saw that Laura had posted a thank you a few days ago, so I know she is receiving blocks. She is probably working on getting hers finished up as well.

Laura, let us know, okay?

I sent an email to MardiGras Beads through her quilting website. We will see if she replies.

I don\'t know what else I can do.;);)

I am still missing 3 blocks, 2 when Coleen\'s block shows up. I am still hoping the other two will come through.

So far I have received some wonderful blocks from Beverly, Susanne, Jen, Roxie, Bobbi, Cathy, Melora, Merry Jo, Donna, Judy O, and Kristy Combs.

I plan on sending out some more extras this week, I\'ll see how many I can get to and whose addresses I have.

Teresa, I think you did a great job organizing this. Just think how many blocks were going world wide and all the lovely notes that we have from our fellow quilters. Not to mention that you also got the white elephant swap going. So once again, thank you for doing all that you have. Dianne

Archived