Road2CA Quilt Photos (Birgit and Ferret)

I took a Dawn C\' feathers class (arrived late/left early due to guild bus schedule). Great class as ever. Man feathers are called Funky feathers. Who knew. There are several; Mr Spock, Manly Man, Machete Mix, and Harley Hog. Fabulous class.

Got a photo looking out of the Ontario, Ca convention center. You can see the palm trees in the foreground and snow on the mountains in the background.

road.jpg

All that info to explain why I did not get to see everything. Please forgive me if I missed one of you. Congratulations to everybody who entered and to Birgit and Ferret for taking home ribbons. Our European sisters did very well at the Road.

Here is Birgit Schuller\'s First Place.

birgit1.jpg

birgit2.jpg

birgit3.jpg

And Ferret had two ribbons:

ferret1.jpg

ferret2.jpg

Ferret\'s second quilt:

ferret3.jpg

ferret4.jpg

... for posting live evidence of the ribbons (i.e. pictures), Linda. That is sooo cool to see this small colorful addition...

Ferret, CONGRATULATIONS for your wins, too! Wohoo, you go, girl, two quilts entered, two second prizes taken! What an achievement!

And Linda, believe me with our gray, rainy winter weather over here, I\'d more than love to switch for the palm trees and sun in CA right now...

Have fun everybody at the show today and over the weekend.

Birgit

UGH!

OK I am almost thinking straight now. I had no idea they had ribbons, that makes all the hassle to get them there worthwhile.

I\'ve had no net access for days then this. Wow.

Not bad for a quilt that got the lowest possible grade for quilting at the Festival of Quilts in the UK.

I guess I can try entering them to Houston again next year, Nure with Rope was turned down this year, but several people said to try again after it got into Road2Ca.

Now I think I will collapse in shock if it is all the same, I cannot believe how different judging can be at two shows.

Thank you so much for taking the pictures.

Ferret

Congratulations to both Birgit and Ferret.

I saw both of your entries at Festival of Quilts UK Ferret and thought they were amazing and definitely deserve the recognition they are now getting. Like most quilts, they have to be seen in person to fully appreciate what has gone into the making.

Another quilt show to try and get to see!!

Chris

Ferret,

Don\'t forget the AQS now does three different shows in the U.S.

The deadline for Paducah has passed, but what about Des Moines and Nashville? I know they are looking for quilters to enter, because they keep sending things through the mail and email about the shows. I\'d bet that both those quilts would be accepted, and win something.

Brigit, I remember seeing that (possibly in a magazine) I thought the holes were the coolest trick. Good to see a ribbon on it, especially a blue one.

Originally posted by sewlinzi

Many congratulations to Birgit and Ferret!!:D

It is a really big deal for fellow Europeans to win in the USA - like we\'ve hit the big time. I\'m so thrilled for you both!!:cool:

LINZI x

Linzi, I really think it is so cool to see quilters from all over the world showing their work in the shows everywhere; especially in the US. Japan, Australia, European countries... it\'s like a giant quilt world museum! :) And, I have a hunch that it\'s only going to get bigger and better in the future, so bring it on!

Archived