ideas for redworks quilt

I also have used thread matching the background fabric. You can also just meander around, and ontop of the redwork. It doens\'t alter the redwork at all.

Also, if you don\'t feel comfortable using colored thread, you can try mono-poly thread by Superior.

Cross-hatching is another nice looking method.

Carol what fabulous pictures you have on your web shots. You are a amazing quilter. Spent to much time cruising your site. Unfortunately not enough time for the dishes to do themselves.

Good luck Jessie with your quilt hope that Carol inspired you. I know she inspired me.

Angela

I agree with the others, crosshatching would be awesome in a thread that disappears into the background fabric. Either matching thread or the mono-poly, but since I am leary of the mono-poly I would go with the matching thread....

Ok, I too love Carol\'s crosshatching!! I know this is a sidebar, but can I do the same thing with the Hartley Fence that you did with the Circle Lord? I have never even attached it to Ethel and used it. I do have a custom "Wild Irish Rose" quilt to do and I think crosshatching would look amazing on it, I just figured I\'d use my handy dandy ruler for it. But if the fence would make it less time consuming... Whattaya think?

Archived