My New Millie

Oh my gosh! I upgraded by "old Millie" (got it last May) to the new Millie. I\'ve dismantled my old friend and assembled my new friend. After that plus boxing up the old I\'ve not played with the new except to turn it on to make sure it turned on all right. I\'ve got to rest before I start playing to make sure all is well. I was a little leary about doing this because my old one was working beautifully, but the deal was a good one to upgrade so I took the leap. It\'s crazy...I had less anxiety about buying the first one that going with the upgrade--figure that one out. Anyway, I\'ll let you know how it goes. Thanks for listening!

Becky

in Sunny, mild St. Charles, MO

Thanks everyone! Yes Mary Beth, I am glad to see the sun after all the rain, snow, sleet, etc. that we\'ve had. Connie, the waiting is the hardest. You don\'t want to take the old one down until you get the new one, because you don\'t want to be unable to quilt.

Mary Beth, I think I\'ll go down after dinner and play around. I\'m afraid if I get started now, I won\'t come up for air, dinner or anything else.

Jill, I think you did the right thing. The visibility is so much better. Just relax, the wait between the call to Mark and the call saying it\'s on the way is hard, but keep busy. You did good.

Thanks again everyone.

Becky

My new Milli head arrived late last week and we put it on the base on the weekend. I have had a Milli for 3 1/2 years; the new head is wonderful--I can not believe the differance. My old head did not move this freely and the new lights make a big difference for my old eyes. I have been quilting everyday and for longer periods all week--I wish I could have done this soon.

I was just wondering today if trading up would really be worth it. Well I finally purchased a black light so I can use the glow powder and pencil but I don\'t like having the black light on unless I need it for seeing my marks. I kept on thinking just being able to switch back and forth with a just a switch would be awesome. By the way the glow stuff is so cool.

I have had my Millie for 1 1/2 years and it runs like a dream. Can anyone give me a round about guess what would trade up be and do I just get a new machine head or the whole kaboole?

Archived