When will I trust my instincts????

*sigh*

I was only a little ways in on this Asian wall hanging for the LQS and already thinking "um, maybe frog this out, and try it differently" But NOOOOOO. I plow ahead and get 3 or 4 more areas started. Guess what? It\'s not looking any better and the voice that said "stop" is getting louder. When in doubt, quilting more will not fix it!!!! Just makes more to undo :(

So, I sat with it last night and ripped out, and have it with me today at work hoping to steal some time to frog some more. I was too nervous about this one and not trusting my gut. I\'d like to say lesson learned, but something tells me there will be more tests of this "listening to my little voice" and I won\'t ace them all!

Anyone else struggle with this??

I guess that makes me a slow learner.....its when the voices in my head stop talking to me that I should listen, but even then I ignore them....:P

I\'ve done this so many times, ya would think I too would learn, but nope....:)

I\'m kinda in the same boat right now. I only did 2 blocks before I listened to the little voice though. I am getting better at paying attention to her. I decided to finish the rest of the quilt and go back to those 2 blocks, just in case I have more to rip out before I\'m through.

Slow learner here too...:D At least I am in good company! At one time I would hear speeches from DH on productivity and how I am not making any money for time spent ripping out...."you should do it right the first time" DUH! But when you don\'t do it right, or don\'t like it, you need to take the time and rip it out. How many times did I do that on the quilt that made it to Kentucky?? That is the last one he got mad at me about...now he realizes I am not welding on railroad cars - like his guys at work....I\'m quilting...and I am my own boss...he\'s not my boss - maybe that is the hard part for him to understand:o:D

Yup. It\'s amazing that we not only don\'t listen (often) to actual people talking to us, we pay less attention to ourselves!

I, for one, have begun to listen... if after about 6-8" I quit, frog and begin again. I too have ripped out whole rows and personally, I have better things to do!!!!!

Whew! that felt good!

Archived