Light bar for your machine

Hi everyone,

I am usually a "lurker" but I have a question. When I was at MQX, I noticed a lot of the demo machines had a lightbar on top. My son is an engineer and I was trying to describe it to him. I was wondering if a couple of you who have the light bar attached would be willing to put a picture on the web that I could show him. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks, :D

Rachel in MA

Milli

Just a Tip..use high color daylight tubes instead of florensant tubes. Most of the time I forget to turn my machine light on. Great pure lighting, with no yellow or pink haze.

Also instead of single poles on the side, use two steel poles for each side bar, great place for magnetic hooks to hang stencils, patterns etc so they are at your fingertips.

Terry

I am also interested in this light. I can\'t put much lights on my ceiling as my garage door opens above my quilter. But I could put something like this. I\'m trying to find close ups that show how in the world those bars are attached that hold the lights. I saw some on sharon shamberg (spelling) site on a machine she has. But so far no really good close up to explain how those lights are attached. Does anyone know how? What exactly I mean...where are those poles attached at the bottom and how? Sorry, my degree was artsy. I have a hard type with screwdrivers. Thanks for any insight.

Thanks!

Liz

Sue, This looks a bit like the Gammill light bar I just bought ($550). Mine has the same black squared metal pieces with two

4-ft lights and some dowel holes drilled in the top for about 25 cones of thread.

What I like better about yours is the cord is on the OUTSIDE. WooHoo, that is a great idea. When we recently moved my studio, just getting that light reinstalled was a PITA because of the cord being inside the square metal pieces.

I also like those beefy legs and feet. This light bar looks so stable.

I had my DH put some of those long cable ties between the bar and the light unit and put a big bull-dog clip on each cable tie. I have ten of these set up the length of the light bar. That way, I can clip my quilt to the light bar and snap a photo. I have the Amvona display thing but I keep it in the case when not in use (big footprint).

Thanks for sharing your photo. Or should I say.....

Thank you....Thank you very much....and swing my hips like the king did?:D

I am considering overhead lights that are mounted from the ceiling, as the studio\'s just being built...any pros or cons to that that anyone sees? They would be adjustable...

I guess if you decided to move your machine, that would be a con. But there\'s only one place it can go in this room...

Marlene in Tahoe

Really like all the help coming from everyone .....aren\'t quilters great?!! FYI, as an interior designer I might remind you of the fading of fabrics caused by fluorescent bulbs even full spectrum, so called daylight bulbs. It\'s as strong as sunlight. So take the same precautions and don\'t forget about your threads.

Archived