Jack's Chain Finished!

Thanks to all who posted photos, emailed directions (Bobbi) for making the quilt--I combined ideas, your ideas, and this is the result. What do you use to mark the white areas? I, foolishly (because I do read your posts) used a blue marking pen that is removable with water. It worked great--except on one white center that touched a deep purple triangle. Disaster. The top looks okay--but there is some bleeding on the back. I\'ll talk to the customer--it\'s light and I think the back is a sheet. I think if she ever washes the quilt she\'ll have lots of problems because the fabrics probably aren\'t that expensive, and none were prewashed. So--how do you mark white areas. Thanks! Jane

Thanks Jessica! I think I need a black light on my machine! The customer was totally nonchalant about the bleeding--says it will happen--she must be used to it! I was pretty sick!

The pictures I\'m trying to send are smaller than anything I\'ve ever sent--so there must be another issue! I\'ll try again!

Jane! Finally! You must feel so relieved! and GREAT Job! Glad you brought that quilt back to my attention... I might have to try it sometime too.

Isn\'t it amazing how the quilting just pulls down all the puffiness and "D" cups when it\'s done?

Love the different flowers you put in the centers.

Thanks! It turned out pretty...see all kinds of areas to practice...I had looked at the quilt close up so much that when I hung it up to take a picture I was really taken with the pattern! It\'s a wonderful quilt--a lot of work!! I\'ve had three to meander--it\'s a great break from trying so hard to get all the points and lines etc...and missing the mark so often! Jane

Archived