Advice on New Millennium Upgrade

I\'m expecting my new machine (Tutu Two) next week.

After removing the two rear rollers, I now have Tutu One (old millie) packed in her travelling case and will include all her accessories once I know which ones the new one will not be needing.

I\'ve made sure my table is level and even -- worked on it almost all day today.

Using tie wraps and adhesive clips, I\'ve tucked all wires and cords up neatly against the inside table edges.

Tomorow I\'ll be cleaning out "stuff" from my quilting studio. My stash needs a good purge.

Now what? Any advice?

Should I go ahead and order the Edgerider wheels now and install them with the new machine, or wait and see how the new machine rides?

I set up my upgraded Mille last week and didn\'t have any problems at all. The set up comes with new wheels from APQS. They are black material rather than the brown composite. It was a breeze to follow the directions and get everything just right. I had to change the bobbin tension a bit for my prewound bobbins and of course adjust tension for changes in thread but otherwise I was up and running in no time. The new set up also has the soft mounts.

Thanks. I\'ve only had my original machine for one year, so I\'m still learning.

Some of the work I\'ve done in prep for my new machine is work I wish I had done more thoroughly the first time around.

Deb2bie, What do you mean by soft mounts?

Georgene,

I got the upgrade head last week. She\'s easy to put to together. you won\'t even touch you CL adjustments. The only wheels that need to be changed is the ones on the head. They do send new stitch regulator box high you can use or they provide a cable if you want to keep the one you have. My new heads moves a lot easier then the one I removed, could be the lighter weight or weels but I love it.

When opening the box look for the returen UPS label (mine was taped on the head. Just put it on your "old" machine and have UPS pick it up. I got some thread, oange bobbins, needles, oil, brochures, CD and Instruction book with my head. Give me a yeal if you need any help.

Connie

Georgene, The soft mounts are just little blue "rubber" washers they are on the cross bars that the wheels are on. Since your \'old\' machine is just a year old, you probably had them on it. My old machine was a 2002 and I didn\'t even have the hopping foot the was build up for ruler work!!! :o Needless to say I LOVE my new Mille head!! I\'m sure you\'ll have no problem setting up the new machine but you now we\'re all just a phone call/email away!!!

Debbie

APQS Sales Rep.

Central Michigan

Hi Everyone,

Congrats on your upgrade delivery. I ordered my upgrade waaayyy back, feels like eons ago. I\'m just wondering how long after ordering your new Milly was your delivery?

I was told at the time I ordered mine it delivery would be 4 to 6 weeks. Well we\'re past that and now I\'m just wondering what the average wait time has been.

I\'m glad the set up doesn\'t sound like much trouble.

Thanks in advance,

Lois

The $500 incentive helped me decide.

I wanted the new lights, the switch that\'s reachable from front or back, and the new laser setup.

All the wiring is new and it\'s lighter.

But monetarily, upgrading now (with the $500 incentive) meant it would cost me $1500 now. If I waited just one year, it would have cost me twice as much - $3,000. Two years much more.

I had originally thought to wait until my machine was 3 years old (still under waranty) and then starting a new 3-yr warranty with an upgrade, but the $1500 now, vs. $3000 to $5000 later, was the deciding factor.

I saw the new machine and really liked those lights. I\'ve been wanting to use black lights, but hated having to change the bulb. Now I will just flick the switch.

Also, something that bugs me are the wires that hang out the back of my old machine. The new one doesn\'t have that.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.

Even though the $500 customer reward incentive has expired, if you join Quilter\'s Club of America, you can get a $500 rebate on any new APQS machine.

It didn\'t apply when I purchased mine, because it is not good with any other reward or rebate. And I was already getting $500 off.

Hi Georgene

Have you got your new millie head yet. When you do can you post some pictures please

I was thinking about getting a new one but here in Australia it would cost me $6000--$7000 to upgrade

don\'t know why so much , when yours was $1500 and they are the same age

any way i will keep dreaming on

Hi Joy

The price for a trade-in is based the age of the machine, then we have to add freight and customs charges of the original head back to the USA and the cost of the freight, customs charges and GST for the new head to Australia.

A few months ago, APQS offered a special discount to people trading up, for a limited time only of $500 however this offer is not running at the moment.

APQS do have a formula for working out trade-in values so anyone who wants to know how much their trade-in is likely to be could contact their dealer, Heidi or Alison.

Best wishes

sue in australia

Hi Joy,

My new upgraded Millie is scheduled to arrive on Tues, May 27th. I will send pictures once I have it up and running.

By the way, the $1500 for my upgrade ($2000 before the $500 rebate) did not include shipping. I am responsible for shipping of new head to me and old head to Iowa, which I\'m sure is much less than shipping to and from Australia.

I just realized it didn\'t cost me $1500 to upgrade, it cost me $2500. Then I got a $500 rebate, which left $2000. Then I had to pay a $500 deposit by Mar 1, which left the $1500 I was thinking about.

Sorry for the confusion. I\'ve always been math challenged.

My new machine is scheduled for delivery today.

If only I could get my hydraulic lifts right. The 2 rear legs engage before the 2 front legs and therefore it\'s not level when it\'s raised. Although it\'s perfectly level when on the floor.

This is all entirely new. New head, new manual, new wiring. Yes, I am sending my old head back.

The new machine is awesome.....quieter, lighter, and those LED lights that go from white to black with just a flick of a switch are great, not to mention being able to turn it off from front or back of machine. The switch is in the middle.

There was a flyer sent out by email that showed the pictures of the new machine.

I debated about the extra money, but am glad I did upgrade.

I did some quilting in my new machine today. It seems to flow much better. I have more control or something. Of course, I\'ve been working on my table too.

But the machine itself is quieter and smoother. I love it.

I did stitch in the ditch easily......more easily than with my old machine. It just glides.

Archived