Diagonal backing

These are pictures of a quilt I just finished, didn\'t think much about the backing at the time I took in the quilt as the front was pieced so perfectly.My customer showed me and I thought "What a clever idea" that was until I went to square it up.. It took close to an hour and I had to stay stitch around the entire backing as ALL sides were bias. I was worried about it stretching the entire time I quilted ( king size) but it came out fabulous as this guy is a precision piecer, perfectly straight seams :)..so I thought I would share.. I did add an extra charge for time spent on the backing.

post--13461899677869_thumb.jpg

Hi Hester - What a beautiful quilt. I can see how hard that must have been to get that bias edge of the back from waving in the breeze thru the whole quilting process. What I can see of the quilting is beautiful and would love to see a close up of it.

Here\'s a close up, the pattern is Arabesque by Lorien designs, I like to use on geometric quilts

Thanks for all your nice comments, just wanted to share in case anyone ever brought any of you a backing like this..\'a word to the wise\' and you would be forewarned as to the issues

post--1346189968013_thumb.jpg

Archived