Purple Lone Star with pics...

Here\'s a Lone Star I did for a friend recently. She went out on a limb for her with this with the Y-seams but would not be persuaded to do fancy borders. So there are quite a few 2" straight borders and there was a fair bit of invisible pleating went on. I didn\'t do a super-custom job as it wasn\'t a big money job; mostly seashells and freehand piano keys. Oh yes, and the feathers in the stars that then got embroidered stems and sparkles... it should have been a bigger money job but hey it\'s all practice - I love the ones who say and mean, "Do what you like!"

post--13461899731716_thumb.jpg

Hey Linzi....

Where are you in Scotland? My brother-in-law was saying how they would like to make a trip and I jumped right in and said how I\'ve always wanted to go,,,so hopefully we\'ll be planning a trip, maybe next year. Can\'t wait for the opportunity to explore my roots and want to roam around a couple of castles. Travelling with those guys will be great, since we\'ll think nothing of going our own way....like fabric shops and any longarm quilters in the area!

What a dream come true, I really hope it pans out!

Sandra

Sandra, you would be welcome to call on me - I\'m in castle country in the North East near Aberdeen. I have been granted planning permission for my quilt retreat - just need engineering drawings, building warrants, contractors, money, luck! I would love to have it up and running by next year... My customer is pleased with her quilt but she is giving it away as a 40th birthday present!

LINZI x

Archived