NWLA'rs meeting (Now known as the MMQG)- A Great Day

OK, just got my pics off of the camera and I\'m sure there will be more coming from others that were there. We were welcomed by the sounds of chatter in the shop and Miguel, Bakah\'s DH met us with a smile and showed where to put down our food and where the gang was hanging out.

This first pic is of Bekah, getting things ready and looking right at home behind her Millie

2558048910094956607S425x425Q85.jpg

And here is a close up of a Satin small quilt that Malora made. It is stunning and this pic does not do it justice.

2600731670094956607S425x425Q85.jpg

And here is a pic of Ellen with her current project wanting ideas on how to quilt it. She also had the cutest quilt of cats on scooters, but for some reason I didn\'t get a picture of it. Very nice Ellen.

2060380970094956607S425x425Q85.jpg

And here is Brendalee trying to do some splained to us.

2082261890094956607S425x425Q85.jpg

And the next 3 pics are of quilts that Jill from Corvallis has done. The first 2 are of a whole cloth, center & corner, and then Jill with her Batik Quilt. Oh and notice her jacket. She made that as well.

2944852490094956607S425x425Q85.jpg

2281242950094956607S425x425Q85.jpg

2225634470094956607S425x425Q85.jpg

And then our Linda R showing us her Topper. That is Dale from Astoria behind her in the shot

2871520660094956607S425x425Q85.jpg

And then our fearless leader for the day, Jim showing us his most recent quilt. He is a brave man to put that black fabric on a spring green & white topper. But he did it and it was beautiful

2109029880094956607S425x425Q85.jpg

I hope that you enjoyed the pics. There were several cameras there, so I hope that there will be more pics posted !!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the quick picture posting Patty Jo. What a great group!! Thanks so much for hosting Bekah and Jim and Bev you guys are wonderful. I still need some help with getting pictures on the list. maybe at your house in September we can work on that. I am proud to be part of MMQG!!

thanks again-ddo

Patty Jo, thank you for posting pictures. They are wonderful!!! I am hoping to get mine unloaded today after the quilt show. Have towork until 12:30 and then gaze at the wonderful works of art so no sure it will get it done.

A big thank you to Jim for all his hard work in getting it altogether and to everyone who came, thank you for sharing and caring. It was fun. Unfortunately the "agenda" kind of went by the wayside but we were all having so much fun it is okay.

I apologize for us not getting into the house so we could have a picture posting lesson on the big screen from Jim and Patty Jo. I was really looking forward to that and my hubby was really excited to see it to. Next time hopefully at Patty Jo\'s.

And to all of you who did not get to tyr out the CL, please feel free to give me a call at any time to come by and play.

Linda thank you for showing us "Topper" and for talking to your husband about our deal. I can hardly wait to play. I have been awake for a long time thinking about using it as a pencil. I have an eagle to do and the laser light and I are not the best of friends :P

The show and tell quilts and apparel were truly wonderful. Patty Jo\'s colored work of art is realy truly gorgeous!!!!

I have a pretty green Keep Cool tote I would love to return to someone.

Oh and guess who has a birthday today and never told us? I told him if we had known we would have had a party and maybe eaten that wonderful looking chocolate cake he worked so hard on. That\'s right, Our own Jim Hogan has a birthday today.

thank you for the tulips. they truly are beautiful, I just am not sure who they are from.

I am so so happy you all came. I miss all of you so much. There are days when I don\'t even get to lurk and I was not aware of how much I needed a MMQG fix. I am looking forward to our trip to Salem to Patty Jo\'s in September.

Hugs to you all.:D

I know,,,I know.... Oh, I won\'t spoil it, Let\'s see what the others think it is!! Isn\'t it fun to play?

I think at the MMQG meeting here at my house, we should do the posting pictures part of what we didn\'t get done @ Bekah\'s. And of course show and tell. And visit!!! And find another game that the whole chat can play???

OH AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIM. YOUR AN AWESOME LEADER! :P:cool::):D;)

Sorry group, but a friend took the kids for the night, so getting out the email with all the addresses got ditched for a good looking guy!:cool::cool::cool::cool: Any of you not able to make the meeting but want on the list please U2U me, your name, phone number, email and city. Thanks Brendalee

Here are some more photos of great ideas! Patty Jo can you u2u me instructions on the multi picture thing too!

Melora stitches out samples of threads then keeps them for ref.

post--13461899802243_thumb.jpg

I know that BrendaLee said that she wanted to do an evening meeting and a Sunday so I think that if she wants to do a meeting even before mine in Sept. that may work for some of those who can\'t make it on a Sat. I know that Sundays are out for me and I don\'t like to drive after dark.

Thanks for posting pictures to the meeting...:cool:

You all looked like you were having entirely too much fun and the "quilt show"....oh la la!!!!

Happy Birthday Jim....!!! ;);) I thought I\'d be able to make the trip over from central Oregon but was unable to make it afterall.

Hi all,

I just wanted to say again that I really enjoyed meeting all of you and am soooo looking forward to the next one in Salem.

Thank you Bekah again for you hospitality and thank you Jim for all the work you did to make it a fun, fully packed day.

If any of you come to the beach this summer, be sure email ahead so I can send you directions to my place so you can stop in.

My webshots addy is below if anyone is interested.

Archived