NWLA'rs meeting (Now known as the MMQG)- A Great Day

Hi Lynda, it was so good to meet you yesterday. I went to your webshots and you are an amazing quilter. Love your Circle of Life quilt. You deserved to win a ribbon on that one for sure and the others - all I can say is WOW. I don\'t know if we will be over to the beach before the end of summer, but if we do plan a trip, I\'ll e-mail you and stop in for a visit and to see these wonderful quilts that you make. :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can guess:

More Manly Qualified Gentlemen?

Mega Monsterous Quacking Geese?

My Megaphone Quit Going?

Magnificent Millennium Quilt Guild?

Joking aside, it sure looks like lots of fun was had by all. You all are so talented and such beautiful things you shared! :) I wish I lived closer...

Thank you MMQS. What a wonderful group of people. And Yes, so talented. I love just listening. Everyone has so much they offer with expertise, advice and best of all kindness. The diversity of what each person does amazes me.

Brendalee I am booking a room.

Melora

Jim, happy birthday and to help all the people trying to figure out MMQS you could give them some of your descriptive words.

I had a great time meeting you all at the NW meeting -- aka MMQG! Thanks to Bekah for hosting, and Jim for the CL demo. Everyone brought great munchies!

Thanks, Pat, for driving me up from Salem. I went to bed at 9 pm -- I was whipped, so glad you did most of the driving. Thanks for posting the pictures, they are great!

I\'m looking forward to the next meeting in September!

I\'ll see you all at Innovations!

Jill

I AM SO JEALOUS. My condo meeting sucked. All I could think of was y\'all having fun. Shucks.

MMQS MOTOR MOUTH QUILTING SWEETIES? (Come on, I know Brenda was there LOLOLOLOL)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ok, what is it. Time to post so I know what to call myself. I thought we were just NW LAers. Comeon. Inquiring minds MUST know. I am so so so jealous. I want to come play before September. Anyone up for our own little quilt shop hop? Start out in Salem. Head up state and end up in Olympia at Bayside? It could be fun. Brenda\'s van holds a bunch. Or my SUV. Whatcha think?

NAncy

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

TO BEKAH, MIGUEL, JIM AND BEV!

YOU GUYS/GALS ROCK!

LOOKING FORWARD TO PATTY JO\'S IN SEPTEMBER.

If any MMQG meetings come up before then, let me know.

I\'m there.

I came late to Bekah\'s and missed the naming of the group,MMQG, and how it came about. Someone splain me please!

Bonnie

These are the two pieces of info I took with me that I will be using right away.

Jim taught us how to tie a surgical not using this surgical tool he then gave us . Now with that and the crochet hook burying threads is a breeze.

Linda showed her topper. But Brendalee (who is a genius at coming up with ideas and products) helped to figure out how the table we have (acrylic top and curtain rods) would work with Linda\'s arm and stylus. Then the foam boards will have a bigger base to sit on so you can use the bigger boards. All from the front of the machine.

There was tons more info. It\'s like this forum you learn so much. However you start chatting with the person around you and then miss a whole bunch.

Alos Jim made us all these really cool name tags.

Melora

Our fearless leader brought up the MMQG (Moxi Machine Quilters Group) because there are so many other groups in the area that use NorthWest in their names that it was confusing some of the people especially in the Portland area. Their big guild there is the NWQG - and he had done some thinking on a name that doesn\'t limit us and he thought that we were really a MOXI bunch. I didn\'t sign on until I knew what MOXI meant and he had quite a list of synonyms, like spunky & adventurous, so that sounded like a good name. So we are the Moxi Machine Quilters Group.

Jim made each of us a machine embroidered name tag and we are going to wear them to Innovations. I think that it was Linda R who posted a pic of hers. Then we did show & tell, then we went on to lunch. Some reallllyyyy good food there. Jim, Bev, Miguel and Bekah outdid thems selves with fruit, salads, chicken wings, dessert etc and then the rest of us filled in with chips, cheese and crackers etc.

Then back to the studio for Linda R to demonstrate her Topper. At the end of that, Jim wanted to show us how to tie off using a medical tool that I can\'t remember the name of. It looks like scissors but his has a catch to lock them into place, and up near the tip it is ribbed so that whatever you grab with it is caught tight. (Dr\'s use them to do sutures with). And that is what he gave us for our little take home tool.

Then Jim gave a demo on the CL. By that time it was 3 pm, and I had to leave so Jill (who was riding with me) and I drove down to where Beth was working in her friends LQS and had about a 20 min. visit and I took her the name tag that Jim made for her.

I love the demo\'s but I always am amazed at the quilts during show and tell. I have to say that I have never seen feathers as tiny or micro stippeling as small as Malora does it. It is amazing and that White silk project she brought is just amazing. She said that her daughter claimed it already, or I think it may have made it\'s way into my bag!!! It wouldn\'t even have been hard cause I was sitting next to her and I\'m sure I could have bribed someone to keep her distracted. :cool:

And all of the quilts there were really awesome. So even though I know that I need more demo\'s I think I like the eye candy the best. And that was about it. So for those of you who weren\'t able to come, I hope that you can make the meeting in Sept here at my home.

Yea Jim, Yes you did it. :P:cool::D My directions worked. OK, now next time that you post increase the number of pixels and the pics will be bigger!!!!! Great job and thanks for letting me know that my directions weren\'t too far off. Of course you have a computer mind!

Originally posted by PattyJo

....... So for those of you who weren\'t able to come, I hope that you can make the meeting in Sept here at my home.

Hey Patti Jo: Would it be OK for me to ask that I attend your next meeting in September via proxy? What I mean is, my sister, Donna, lives in Salem (SE) and if she is in town I think she would love to meet all of my cyber quilty friends and see what you all do! She is very interested in quilting and taking this up as a hobby. :) So, if this is possible, perhaps I can get you two to talk some time and maybe she can visit your next MOXIE meeting??

I am so sorry I missed all the fun!

Our NW quilter\'s know how to have a great time that is for sure. :D Love the show & tell!!

I was attending my son\'s JBO baseball tournament all week end, that was a fun event that a Mom just couldn’t miss!;)

Archived