Another one finished...

Hi,

I just finished this beautiful Stack'n'Whack fan quilt. It's 68" x 102" and it's the first customer quilt trusted upon me that I felt called for feather quilting in the background. Actually, this one is my first customer quilt ever that I did feather quilting on. I didn't feel too comfortable doing feathers before - but I think I'm getting the hang of them (Sherry, I know you always told me I would...).

There are more pictures of this quilt in my webshots album (Customer quilts) as well as pictures of my huge bed quilt I finished last week and of a small fall themed wallhanging (both in the My quilts folder).

Thanks a lot for looking.

Birgit

post--13461897674206_thumb.jpg

Linda,

I freehand-marked the spines of the feathers plus all the center lines in the triangles in order for the right and the left feather within each such triangle to meet somewhat in the middle. Hope this makes sense...

For marking, I used a regular chalk pen (purple for better visibility). In order to remove the chalk lines, I use one of those baby hair brushes that I kept from when my kids were babies (in fact, my daughter saved them for her dolls and was so kind to let me have one...).

Best, Birgit

• 3 weeks later...

Archived