Pictures of Cedar Rapids

Those are spectacular pictures of what looks like a beautiful city going under. I hope when this is over the cleanup is quick and complete. What a mess! I can\'t imagine the work it must take to clean up the houses and businesses after such a deluge. Wow!

Sylvia

I know what you mean, I can\'t imagine it either. We have the "Grain Train" here in Norfolk and we send things ALL over the WORLD. Right now we are sending cleaning supplies by the truck load to Cedar Rapids and anything else it is they need or are asking for.......that is what it is here for. Anything anyone needs we will give.

Renae

I looked through these photos last night when I was at home. It\'s amazing how huge this flood is. I hope that no more levees break through, and that the flooding devastation does not cascade like dominoes as water travels down the Mississippi. And, the thought of New Orleans and southern LA going through another flood would be horrific :(

Hey Shana. They had on the news this morning that 22 levees overflowed yesterday on the Mississippi in the Iowa/Illinois area. I think I got that number right. I remember thinking at the time that it was a lot of levees and a lot of water overflowing them. They didn\'t expect the river to crest for another couple of days.

Debbi

Renae, thanks for all the pictures...it makes it seem more real-like. My Sis lives in CR. Called me the other night and says "I\'M HOMELESS"...she\'s always joking around about something, so I waited for the \'punch line\'.."I\'m as serious as a heart attack! They told us we had 30 min. to evacuate."

She said they\'d parked a train on a big railroad bridge hoping it would anchor the bridge...the whole set-up washed away. She\'s raising a bunch of grand kids, so I can imagine the hullaba-l00 and packing. Last we talked to her was Wed. and she was waiting for the inspectors to go thru her house and see if it\'s fixable. So far, none of the neighbors have passed the inspection. thanks again ML

Oh MaryLou, my prayers are with you and your family. I sure hope everything is going to be okay. Have you heard from your sister yet? Today is Sunday and the sun is shining so I\'m praying that God is shining on you and your sister along with her grandchildren. Please let us know soon if there is anything I can do, please just email me or ask me right here, don\'t be shy. We are here to help each other remember that!!! (((((Hugs))))))

Renae

Archived