Myrna's New DVD

I have to share. I received Myrna\'s DVD "Just Do It" today, started to watch it and happy danced like crazy. :D

Panto\'s and I are not friends, I don\'t have a computer system, I don\'t have any thing other than a couple rulers and a base thingy - but I now have this DVD!!!

As someone who is just starting out I find the DVD inspirational to go be creative and not worry so much. It\'ll flow together. Maybe other newbies worry like I do too.

Never met Myrna nor taken a class w/her but I sure love this DVD and look forward to others from her.

I got the Just Do It, Freehand Design I DVD. Right off she showed swirls - I am doing what I call swirgles. Not quite swirls or I guess maybe some would call them wonky swirls right now. It showed me what I can do if I "JUST DO IT"! Rather exciting to see the possibilities of freehand.

I have watched this DVD once and want to watch it again.

After watching it the first time, I got out my white board and practiced doing swirls over the entire surface.

Then I went to the machine and did an entire Quilt of Valor freehand.

I love working from the front of the machine.

The video gave me the confidence to JUST DO IT!

Thanks Myrna.

These days with the economy so difficult, I like it when I order something and right away - it\'s a winner! I have been looking at so much long arm quilting that is gorgeous and outstanding. I was nervous about trying things. This DVD helped me realize that it\'s not perfection I strive for - it\'s DOING IT that gets the juices going!

Gerri, and any newbies, her first DVD is absolutely wonderful and will teach you so much. I still refer to it all the time. I am going to order this new one and the feathers when it comes out. Had the privilege of taking classes from her. She is just AWESOME.

I thought I\'d be brave and show the all-over swirls I did after watching the DVD. But please don\'t blame my flaws on the DVD. I just need more practice.

It\'s not beautiful, but it really felt good to work from the front of the machine, which is what I prefer. I want to do more of this, hopefully getting better as I go.

post--13461899901207_thumb.jpg

Great Job Georgene, the quilt looks fantastic.

Thank you all for the comment about the DVD and I am happy it (and the others) are giving you the confidence to Just Do It.

I enjoy teaching and having you all in classes but I know you all can\'t always get to me nor I to you, so this is the next best thing.

My DVD\'s can be ordered directly form me by phone or email.

Thanks so much. Myrna

PS: I will be in Chillicothe Ohio the first week in Aug. if anyone can get there. It is posted on my website.

I got my copy on Monday, (thanks, Myrna!), and am watching it for the third time and practicing away! Myrna just talks you right through everything and addresses all the questions and issues that might come up along the way. Now I\'m waiting for her Feathers DVD to come out!

Hey, Laura, thanks for the heads up on the new DVD from Myrna! Georgene, those swirls look great to me!!

This forum and info couldn\'t have come at a better time. My DH surprised me at the NQA show in Columbus last weekend and bought for me a brand new Gammill Classic on a 12 FT frame.!!!! I was floored!! I\'ve been looking at LAs for at least a year and have tried out several including a couple of midarms. I really wasn\'t too sure that I\'d even get the machine used much less new! He always said they were so expensive and what he/we could do with that amt of money.

I\'m still dancing a happy dance, well, at least in my head!! I won\'t have it untill mid September cause I have to get ready for it and we\'ll be going to Montana to visit my sister in August.

DH gave me a new nickname: "Doodles" because I\'ve been PPP all kinds of designs on big sheets of paper and my dry erase board. I can do pretty nice feathers! Can\'t wait till I can do some and send pics. Oh yeah, I\'ll have to learn how to send them too. :o I\'m way too excited telling you this. I just sat here for 2 minutes trying to click on that smiley using my shift key!:D

Guess I better calm down.....just wanted to share my happy news with friends who can really appreciate the excitement.

Archived