I'm "Sew" Smart!!

You all are going to be sooo jealous!!:P I just spent three days with the magnificent Darlene Epp in beautiful, sunny Canada (and considering I was leaving smoke laden Plumas County, CA--the fresh air was even more appreciated!)

Darlene's studio is to die for and the things we learned were amazing. It was a truly great learning experience and the ladies I shared classroom space with were great! We'll be friends for a long time.

If any of you are considering her workshop and are hesitating, don't! Sign up...you won't be sorry!!:)

I am Jealous!! I have to wait another 2 months before I get to go.. Looking forward to it sooooo much. Havn't got my mille jet, but should be here any day now. I am jumping out of my skin in antisapation.:)

Could you email me and let me know as to what to expect??? kotch@shaw.ca

Happy that you had such a good time.

Talk soon.

You will LOVE it! I'll send you a seperate e-mail, but the one thing I can tell you from experience (I have so much, you know....I think I've had Mel for 5 WHOLE months now) is to practice lots before you go. The more familiar you are and the more comfortable you are, the more you'll take away from the class. She's so worth it!!

I almost had to cancel because of the fires in our area--I'm so glad that didn't happen.

Wonderful, Dory! Glad you had a great time.

Ohhh yes...one of my list of "gotta do's" is to meet Darlene Epp and take her training in BC. She is so classy and she has always been an inspiration to me; I love her quilting style and I use her little pocket guides ALL OF THE TIME for inspiration. :)

Darlene was wonderful! I can't wait to start practicing what I've learned--now if I could just get life on hold and make some time!!:D

Aren't the pocket guides great? I have those and her feathers workbooks. I now go into my boss' office when he's not here and draw feathers and quilting designs on his big white eraseable board. Its a great stress reliever when these people make me crazy...which is about every 5 minutes!!:P

The guides and her wonderful answers to all my many e-mail questions were what convinced me that I wanted to attend her workshop. It was everything I'd hoped for.

Her website is www.trilliumhousedesigns.com

Dory, I feel for you...I drove through "smoke-laden" Northern Cal. twice this week...I'm in Tahoe and we're getting some of the residual, but nothing like other places in CA...When will this end? They're letting some of this just burn out. If it doesn't get better, no one will see fire works for the 4th...

Marlene in Tahoe

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dory

I also took Darlene's class with Dory. There were 4 of us who had varying levels of experience in long arm quilting. Two ladies had their machines for a little while (little under a year) while two of us had not yet recieved our machines. (One had been quilting on a domestic machine on a frame). Darlene was able to teach all of us with our different levels of experience at the same time. Mind you the two ladies with a little more experience had better looking stitching!! However, we all left Darlene's with the confidence to get home and practice, practice, practice.

It was such a great learning experience and we did luck out with meeting friends for life, in fact 3 of us are all going to Innovations together.

Great teacher, great friends, would highly reccomend!!

Lisa

Archived