2ND WHITE ELEPHANT GROUP

Instructions:

If you have sent me an email with your address or posted it on the first groups site before today you are on the list.

Email is: buytheyard@gmail.com

Debbie Rolek, I don't have your address.:(

If you sign up after Friday night, 7/25, Your name and address will be forwarded to the last persons name on the list by email or U2U.

A list of names will be on this thread. If you know you are going to be away for a couple of weeks, let us know so the next person in line won't be wondering if she missed a delivery.:o

When you receive the box, please open it,

select what you want

replace with same number of items taken

PLEASE: not more than 1 book in the box, due to postage costs

items do not have to be quilting related but don't put something in that you wouldn't want to give to a friend, we're all friends. Funny items, yes.:)

Have a good time :)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Names on the list in same order as the one going in the box. I tried to keep the box going in the closest proximity to the next person available in the section of the US. After Thursday it will be directed by the next person who signs up and is added to the list by whomever has the box at that time.

Hope that's not too confusing. These are the names AND addresses I have thus far.

Karen L.

Sheryl S.

Connie W.

Jolene K.

Laura H.

Patty in MT

To all who have signed up.

Things got a bit hectic at my house so the box hasn't been mailed yet.:(

Not to worry..it's ready and will be mailed out tomorrow, 7/24. I thought I'd try to keep the list of names in an order so mailings would be close in proximity to one another but I decided that wasn't going to be too easy and would be all mixed up later if others decide to join in so I just left it in order of when I received the names.

I'll post them all tomorrow. If you don't see your name email me At buytheyard@gmail.com and I will have it added by the last person on the list.

Sorry for the delay..

OK gals,

Here's the list as of today:

Sandra G Connie W

Joyce C Karen L

Yvonne Wilma D

Linda C Lisa M

Laura H Barbara

Patty in MT Sheila H

Shana C

Sheryl S

Jolene K

The following are on the I need your address list: Pam H (I sent an email today); Debbie R. and Barbara.

Please send info to: buytheyard@gmail.com Thanks

I wrote this once but I can't find it.:o Senior moment, I guess.

Anyway...The box has been mailed today!!:D Yippee!

Linda C. You're first up..via UPS! Enjoy.

I'll be watching for additional sign ups till we reach 25 unless you all want to keep it going.

Joyce, if you get the box before Aug. 25th don't send it to me until after that, OK? I really doubt it's going to go around that fast but just in case.

Ok gotta go geet the suitcases.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I got the box on Friday (8-1-2008). I snagged a quilt coloring book and a quilt-hanger for a wall hanging. Lots of good stuff in there. I sent it out the next day via UPS.

I put in a fabric marker, some fats something else that I cannot remember.

It's funny, I got this box in less than a 2 weeks. I'm still waiting for either boxes on the white elephant. It's hard to believe that it has been 7 months since that one started. I think that maybe smaller groups are better.

So Barbara Goodson, the box is supposed to be on your doorstep on Wednesday. Enjoy.

Roberta,

I sent a U2U..

Linda,

Glad you found some goodies. It was interesting finding things to put in there and keep in somewhat varied.

Ya all have fun!

I just bought an arm load of batiks at my favorite MT quilt shop..The Quilt Gallery in Kalispell. The quilt is J. Niemeyer's Garden for my Wedding Ring. It's for my eldest son and wife. Started the Wedding Star last summer then found out they changed their colors and blue and greens weren't going to work.:(SO now I'm doing this one in browns to cream and yellow with dk brown and dk red corners. The batiks have a lot of colors in themm that all blend well so I think it's going to be really nice. I'll post a photo of the top when I get it all pieced. I'm sure I'll need expert advice on how to quilt it on my EMMA.

I came up with that name from my grandma, Ella, my mom, Marjorie, both of whom taught me to sew, my name, Marlette and my 1st granddaughter, Abi, who is learning to quilt! That's four generations of sewers. Whatya think?

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the remainder of the llist that isn't on the one previously posted:

Angela M

Roberta

Debbie R

Marylyn

Pam Hish

If your name is not listed on either of these posts please email me again. It's not too late for anyone to join in.

My email is: buytheyard@gmail.com

Jeannine: I'd sent you a U2U and you've not read it. I need your address info.

Archived