extended base

Where does one buy the extended base? I have googled it and done a search here on the forum. Plently of talk about it, however not where you get it. I did find a site selling them for the Nolting. Does one size fit all??? I finally got my machine set up and I just found out how TERRIBLE I am at this. My 2 yr old grandaughter could draw better than I can with this machine. So I was watching Karen McTavish video I have and noticed she uses a ruler. So I figure that must be my next step! Get a ruler and extended base, but where??

In addition to the Hartley Base there is Donita Reeves base at www.lovetoquilt.com. And, during MQS Cindy Roth said that she would have one too, don't know if she has it listed on her site yet at www.longarmuniversity.com.

Vicki, have heart. This is not a skill that will come to you just because you purchased a machine. You have to practice, practice and practice some more. It will come to you. I have had my machine 4 years....I am a slow learner...I am just now starting to feel comfortable with quilting. And trust me, you see all of your mistakes...no one else will unless you point them out, so don't!! Every time a customer picks up a quilt I am a little nervous about how they will like it....they always love it - or at least they tell me they do.

Confidence is the next step. You can do it. And we are very supportive here...so keep posting.

Originally posted by yeoldeforest

Love Donita's base - it works well on the Milli or Lenni - just make sure you order the correct one - with or without the thread cutter!

The beveled edges are nice and it doesn't wobble though it is heavy.

I've had my RulerMate for about 4 years and I haven't taken it off since it went on...one of my bestest friends.

I have Donita's base as well - came with my used Millie and hasn't been off except to clean the bobbin area (and the one time I had to retime my baby!:(). It's a must for ruler work, which I do with most customer quilts.

Vicki, don't despair - we've all been at this stage! Put on some practice material and just play! The more you use your machine, the smoother it will go - really!! And spend some time on a large whiteboard, practicing the patterns you want to do - that will teach your muscles even faster than using the machine.

Don't forget that you get a free Beginner's Class with the purchase of your Millie - maybe that'll help, too.

Archived