Innovations - Roommate Wanted

I am really excited about attending Innovations this year. I have never been before. I did go to MQS a few years ago - made a lot of new friends, took a lot of classes, and bought a lot of toys! I have a room reserved at the Hotel Murano checking in on Tuesday and out on Saturday. I have two double beds and am looking for a roommate to split the cost of the room (approximately $350 each). I am a non-smoker.

Hey Donnita,

We've got a room booked at the Marriott with 2 queen beds. At the moment, "we" are myself, Bekah, Shana (quilt monkey) Patty Jo, and a friend of hers. I'm not sure how many of us are staying for the entire time, but you are more than welcome to cancel your reservation and come and join our crowd. I'll bring the sleeping bag and crash on the floor. I'm going up on Wed. and coming back on Sat. I hope and believe that I can speak for the rest of us, and maybe we could even get a bigger room if we need to. This is a great bunch of women, so expect lots of laughs. Let us know if you are interested.

Beth

Hi Dory--love your photo!!

I am the designated organizer of the Second Annual Dinner on Thursday night at a restaurant that is walking-distance from the convention center. As time gets closer there will be more info and a sign-up sheet.

We have in the past worn purple ribbons on the name tags, but seem to find each other somehow.

Last year we had a meet-and-greet table on the registration floor at one lunch time.

And it is always fun to cluster at the APQS booth and visit our idols!

I have been known to stand up before class and ask if there are any APQS owners or chatters there. It is great fun!

Thanks Pat-

Yes, don't forget me, Beth! I am really looking forward to seeing you all. Do we need to book another room? Pat and I are only staying until Friday.

I am planning to wear the purple nametag that we got at the last longarm quilt group meeting (I already forgot our name -- what is it, again?)

Jill

Thanks for the offer, Beth. I will certainly think about it, but it sounds like your room at the Marriott is already pretty full. I am definitely looking forward to the dinner on Thursday night and putting some faces and names together. I apologize for not responding quicker. I am currently in Nebraska babysitting my grandkids.

I will be at Innovations and have a room at the Murano (hope that is a good place). I have only been to the Tacoma dome once many years ago to take my nursing state boards. Dont remember much but the stress. Ironic to be going there for fun this time! I signed up for mostly beginner classes. I have soooo much to learn.

Vicki R

I am also at the Murano. You are welcome to come stay in my room for whatever nights you are there. In my opinion, sharing a room leaves more play money to have when visiting the vendors. I, too, am taking a lot of classes. I am signed up for 9 this time with 9 diferent instructors (brain will definitely be overloaded).

Jeanne, I can't wait to come see your Lenni.

Hello everyone. I am a Newbie, however I have been like many others, lurking..... for about a year now. I have been getting to know you.... and thought it was only fair that I introduce myself. Hello...... my name is Leta and I live in Vancouver WA. A friend and I will be going to Innovations again this year and thought it would be more fun if we might get a chance to meet some of you in person. We are quilt junkies like everyone else here, we like to have a good time and are looking forward to Innovations and being around people who understand our addiction. We are also staying at the Murano. Nice to meet you all!

Hi Leta and welcome into the light and out of lurkdom!

If you are interested, our Northwest longarm group has a meeting in September in Salem and all are welcome! We have the best time and have all levels of proficiency attending. Watch for new posts or contact me or PattyJo for more info. Most of us also attend Innovations--nice to have those great teachers so close to home.

Donita,

That would be great! But I had only planned to stay till after my class on Friday, if that is not a problem. I will be driving in from North Idaho on Tues afternoon. I have signed up for 9 classes also, which also concerns me (what was I thinking??)

• 2 weeks later...

Vicky R

Sorry for not getting back with you sooner. I land at SEATAC at 11:30 on the 7th, so I should be at the Hotel Murano before you get there. If you need to get in touch with me before then, my cell number is 843-696-1956 and home email is dcook@sc.rr.com. Please let me know if your plans change so I can try to pick up a roommate through Innovations connections. Thanks, Donnita Cook

Archived