It's on the frame

Now, with all the variables, from blocks, sizes, shapes, etc.. what in heck can a newbie do with it. It is to be raffled off by the Lions Club in Honor of their 70th year of sponsoring the Lee Regional Fair..

I'm just totally lost..

Remember, I can't do a lot of fancy dancy stitching yet..

Appreciate any and all suggestions..

RitaR

post--13461900237985_thumb.jpg

Rita, I'm no expert but you could quilt a gentle small meander in all the white/beige background areas with same colored white/beige thread. Then go back with and change to a darker thread like variegated browns and quilt some freehand designs, or gentle small meander in the dark half of the log cabins and use a redish brown thread the barn blocks.

While quilting the white area, be sure to pin in the areas (darker fabrics) so you keep the quilt from shifting as you roll back and forth.

That is such a cute quilt. You are going to have so much fun with this one! Just quilt whatever the blocks tell you to. Have fun and be free and creative. :)

Very busy, how about keep it simple? Question: Just how much money do you want to bring it? I'd say go for the gold and give them their money's worth.

If it's a big venue it would be worth all the extra effort--for them and for your advertising.

If it's a small effort, keep it simple: SID, stiple around big items, add little details on roof of barn, feathers on chickens, etc.

You must post finished quilt. (please)

Rita--this is a great top! I love the chicken sitting on the three eggs!

I echo Shana's suggestions--a cream stipple in all the light areas.

And also Bonnie's hint to add details to the barns and birds.

As for the dark areas of the log cabins, Pam Clarke does a loop design that starts in the center square with

a loop and travels around each log with loops until you reach the outside log and end with a loop.

Very easy and you get very quick at it very soon!

Or stitch a serpentine line passing through each log and turning the corner into the next log.

Those triangles surrounding the chickens and also the center square can be CC'd.

I just noticed the cows peeking out of the barn in the bottom row--too cute!

We must see the finished quilt! Please?

One of the 4 chickens..

barns have Betsy Ross in one, a horse, makes me think of a silver unicorn, two cows, another horse full view, hay in the hay mow, and in the center motif, in the barn is a guy looking over a John Deer tractor, as though it's the dearest thing to his heart.

And yes, I will post picts when done, if good, bad or indifferent.

RitaR

post--13461900240207_thumb.jpg

MerryJo, you can buy raffle tickets by contacting the Sanford/Lee county, North Carolina Lions Club. course, since I'll be winning it, um yeah buy some the club can use the money for improvements to the fairgrounds.. and I'll enjoy the quilt.. Really do like it.

I just had to get out of the house today.. so visited the kids for about an hour. When I got back, I took a look at the various blocks and so on, and decided what to do. I'm done about 1/4 of the way, and it is looking good so far.

Boni, I can't make much.. part of the contract on this one is my donation to the guild for this quilt.. they only pay part, and discount on the batting. That's ok.. it's going to shine compared to the one another did last year.. nothing but tennis ball size meandering.. It wasn't for the Lions Club though.. And she charged full rates.. Oh well, that's not me.. and I won't be walked over because i choose to help the club help others.. I'm just enjoying the quilting.

I'll earn my pay from the ones I get thru this one and the others advertising.

RitaR

I don't think I'll have trouble getting it done by Wed. Would love to start on a quilt of my own then.. one to keep.

Thanks for all the suggestions, tips, hints, etc.. it all helped..

RitaR

Archived