More about Karen

I love love love love love love LOVE southern fooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!!!!!

If it's got cayenne in it; I'm there, baby.

And those beingets; nice and hot crispy with the powdered sugar... I love those things, too. Yumma yumma.

Gumbo. OMG is there anything better than thaaaat???

I've not ever been to Louisiana, but I swear I must been a Southerner.... I just know lots of folks from LA and the cooking is so delish.

We went to Baton Rouge to visit friends about 10 years ago and they put together a party for us to meet all their friends. They cooked a pig on a spit being turned over a bonfire in the gravel driveway. People brought crawfish, duck Gumbo, some other dishes that I can't remember the names of - wonderful memories, great food and forever friends. Then, we took a trip down to NewOrleans. We ate at a wonderful resturant down in the Garden district. Their Gulf Shrimp was the best I've ever had. We had Beingets at Cafe DuMond and listened to the guy playing the sax there. It was a Wonderful day. Would love to go back, but our friends now live in MO. Karen looks like she is enjoying herself.

I love beingets!!! It is probably my favorite food in the world!! The first time I had them was Cafe Dumode in New Orleans, before the hurricane. Now I eat them anytime I am in the south and they have them on the menu.

I bet Karen loves that picture....but not hafl as much as she loves the beingets ;)

Archived