Circle Lord 7 Treasures on Little Turtle Quilt

I do all my bindings by machine, sewing on back first, then front.

When sewing binding to the back, I use my Bernina walking foot and move the needle over to the right as far as it will go, so that it touches the 1/3 point of the binding. (Remember to have your zig zag stitch plate on). Moving the needle to the far right, keeps more of the walking foot on the fabric and gives you more accuracy and control, I think.

Then I press the binding out from the back, then press it down to the front and press all 4 mitered corners. This makes it much easier when sewing on the front. And pressing it is much easier than trying to stretch and place the binding in the right place as you sew.

To sew the front, I put the needle back in the middle and sew close to the edge of the binding, trying to line up near the first seam line that I sewed. Thread choices make a big difference too. Choose bobbin thread that matches backing fabric. I've heard some use invisible thread, I prefer to use cotton when possible.

Hope the helps.

Sorry Judi, I have just been popping in and out today and missed your post. Didn't mean to bait you and then leave you hanging. Michael posted the first "bait" under CL topic this morning...then I started emailing him and Kay questions....I think he is sorry he posted the picture :) I was totally full of one question after another. But they answered them all for me. Now we wait!!

Archived