NQR - It's Getting Closer!

Hey Barb-

Thanks for sharing this photo.

Bob and I are heading down to that area the first week in Oct.

It's our 15th anniversary on the 2nd and we always take a long weekend

to see the colors changing.

I love fall in Colorado.

Laura

ps- will you be coming up for the Oct. Longarm group?

Donna Merrill will be hosting here at my shop.

Is Tammie here yet? If so, Grab her and Tracey and come on up!

Thanks again-

Laura

So am I the only person who is tired of summer and hot weather? I know, I have reverse seasonal affective disorder, but I love the rain! I miss hanging laundry out to dry, but when it's raining, you get to stay inside and quilt and bake bread and read and sew and.... Too many years as a farm girl I guess, there were always outside chores.

Thanks for sharing the photos. If you get tired of snow, we have mild winters here in Oregon. I think I've had to shovel the sidewalk maybe 3 times in my life. You don't have to shovel rain you know!

Originally posted by LFarnham

Hey Barb-

Thanks for sharing this photo.

Bob and I are heading down to that area the first week in Oct.

It's our 15th anniversary on the 2nd and we always take a long weekend

to see the colors changing.

I love fall in Colorado.

Laura

ps- will you be coming up for the Oct. Longarm group?

Donna Merrill will be hosting here at my shop.

Is Tammie here yet? If so, Grab her and Tracey and come on up!

Thanks again-

Laura

The colors are just now changing. There isn't much color except yellow so far but it's still beautiful. I'm planning on making it to your shop for the meeting. It has two of my favorite things...fabric and antiques! Haven't heard from Tammie personally but did see a note to Tracye Q that she made it ok through the storm. Hope she makes it before winter.

Beth! I LOVE cold weather! Guess it's cause I'm so hot all the time!

Barb, I really miss Colorado - I've been to most places, through Canon City, Durango, Colo. Spgs, Steamboat, Vail, Telluride, one of our homes was in Ridgeway, Loved Ouray, Delta, the corn festival, miss the he__ out of Montrose.... what a sweet little town it was!

loved the climate!

I'm not tired of hot and sunshine. I love to dress in layers in the winter. My mother always complained about her dry skin and how tanned it got when she worked in her flower garden in the summers. She said her skin looked like leather! Now, I look at my skin and I'm glad we have short summers. I only tan on my arms cause that's the only skin that is exposed in summer. It's the proverbial "farmer's tan". I don't wear short pants cause I'm afraid my "lily white legs" would blind people!:P :P They're so pale they're almost iridescent!:P:P:cool:

I'm looking forward to the snow-----IN THE MOUNTAINS! I wouldn't want to live in it down here.

Bobbi, Montrose isn't "sweet, little" Montrose any more. You wouldn't believe how much it's grown. I don't know how long ago you were there but it was at least 6 years since I'd been there and it has nearly doubled in size! There is so much traffic now it's unbelieveable. At one time we had bought land in order to retire there. Now I'm so glad we sold it and decided to move to Canon. It's nice to visit there but it just isn't the sleepy little town it once was.

Archived