R&S Design Stylus VS. Quilt E-Z?

I don't know about the quality--it's all about which boards you want to purchase. I believe the stylus is specific to the board manufacturer because of different widths of the grooves. As mentioned above, the R&S stylus works with CL boards, and vice versa. If you want R&S boards, order from them--great people and great customer service.

You can buy the quiltazoid stylus to use from the back without buying anything else if you want to. I bought the quiltazoid, the stylus for the back, the spiro attachment and the front adaptor to use long boards from the front. I use the back stylus and long boards the most. I just recently sold the spiro attachment. I am not familiar with any of the others but I know the quiltazoid stylus works great with R&S boards. I believe it is around $100.00.

I had the "spring-loaded" EZ stylus and it worked fine (but when I also purchased Circle Lord for the front, I added their stylus to the back instead and it is so much sturdier!)

Circle Lord board grooves are larger - Quilt EZ and R&S grooves are the same as each other and smaller.

CL has 2 sizes of styluseses (sp?) available that fit in the same holder front or back (so you can use any boards - don't know the Quiltazoid groove size?).

Here's the most important thing to me: the stylus has to be firmly mounted to your machine - the farther away it is from your machine (using a long piece of thinner flat metal) the more flex it has and is harder to control. As long as you can mount it somewhere firmly to your machine in the back and somewhere you can easily "see it" while quilting from the back - than any stylus would work.

Although the point about dis-engaging it when not in use is a good point too! The spring-loaded lifts up, the CL lifts and turns (or pulls out really easily) and thats my 2 cents (more like a couple bucks!)

Archived