clamps

I have both. I bought one set of Featherlight clamps a couple of years ago at MQS and should have bought 2 sets for them to be effective.

The one set is for sale if you are interested.

Then Linda Card brought me the other - Griplite clamps - when she came to visit over the summer....Love em.

They do work a bit differently. The Featherlight clamps don't really require that you use the stick or yard stick or drapery rod or whatever you use under the bands that connect them to to the frame. They attach to the very edge of the backing so you have more room to work on your quilt without hitting the clamp.

The Griplite clamps have a rough something on the surface of the clamps that grips onto the fabric. I usually clamp them onto the backing fabric until I have the sides basted or the quilt stablized then I clamp them onto the backing and the batting....they don't budge. I really like these clamps.

Both sets of clamps are good. If I had bought two sets of the Featherlight clamps I would have liked them better, I found myself using my regular APQS clamps because I needed another set of clamps.

Either way, I think there are one set of clamps per package and you will need 2 sets of clamps, there are 2 clamps per package.

to order from Schenck, I think your first order has to be $250 or something like that....that makes those clamps a little pricy :D I think I would check with the longarm suppliers first, unless you need a lot of items then start an account with Schenck. After the first order I think you can order any amount.

I bought the Featherlight clamps and didn't like them at all and sent them back. They were so clumsy to hook onto the quilt. It was just a hassle.

I just went back to using my huge, ugly, uncomfortable orange clamps. However, the Griplite looks exactly like what I have been looking for, and I'm going to try them. Thanks, Heather, for the link, and the rest of you for your opinions.

Archived