CL arrived

Pam H

Pam,

Don't worry. Every APQS owner has done it. Most have

done it by themselves in an hour. A couple took a year, but

that's another story.

Just read the manual, and think about what you are doing.

Have someone nearby to pick up the parts that you drop on the floor.

Don't get frustrated, just call if you have problem.

DON'T MAKE ME COME OVER THERE!!

Cheers,

Michael

Michael

You're too funny. Thanks for the laugh.

I am going to do it today. Can't wait to play with it.

What is the thing that will raise the stylus from the front? I have never worked from the back of the machine so it might be something I would be interested in. I didn't see it on the web site.

Thanks

Pam

Linda, I bought it off the chat here. These are the templates I got:

Aztec

Feather combo

Spiral (1/2 & 1 inch)

Ginko

18” crosshatch

Giant templates:

Queen Swirls

Queen baptist fan/clam

King ZigZag/waves

Not sure what to try out first. Any recommendations?

I have debated for a long time about getting one, mostly because you work from the back of the machine and I have never worked back there. I've never done a panto, really don't know how to other than following the pattern, no clue how to line it up, but that's another story.

PamH

Pam if you get stuck when you start using it, give any one of us a call that has CL and we would be glad to help you. I envy you having all of those wonderful giant templates. you are going to love what you can do. and the back is not so scary once you get backthere

Do check out the push-button for the stylus. I just posted a few days ago a quilt I made using the push-button and really liked it. It worked very well and since I have not done much from the front of the machine it was nice knowing that I could use the XH'ing template from the front of the machine.

I too just purchased a CL and some of the pattern boards on this forum. I am looking forward to their arrival and hope that they will be a cure for my square circles! Is it necessary to raise the table before use and then lower it again after using the CL every time? It rather sounds as though I may be in for a work out moving things up and down. I will have to check out the push button set up as I thought it was only for the cross hatch template. I didn't consider that it could be used with any of the templates, it sounds very interesting.

Sue

pam h, AAAHHHHHH!!!!!!! I'm jealous!! I want one so bad, but right now $ is the issue!! I LOVE what they do!!! It's endless!!! I bet you are one happy camper!! I mean quilter!!:) Michael, ONE of these days, you'll be getting a call from me!! You've sent me the vidio and that is making me drool all the more...... some day!!!!! :) linda

I had a feeling that might be the case. I just can't help it...you are going to love your Circle Lord. I'm not a great quilter, but CL makes me look like I am :)

I want to see pictures of your work.

You are going to be shocked at how easy it is to use. I thought I would need to sit down and take a day and read, read, read the directions. When I opened it up and there were really not many directions, I gotta tell ya, I was a little afraid to try it. But I am a trooper and I jumped right in...the bad thing is... I have built up my courage to the point that I don't try it out on practice stuff any more. I just plop it on the machine and away we go...Who needs practice when you have a Circle Lord....hummm....that sounds like a slogan.....:D:cool:

Don't forget...you heard that here!!:D

You need:

2 only bolts 1/4"-28 by 1 1/2"

2 only bolts 1/4 -28 by 1 3/4"

4 only hex nuts 5/16" -18 for spacers

20 only washers 1/4" outer diameter of washer 1/2" you should have

some extras to verify.

The 2 pieces of wood supplied. If you still have them.

Let me know if you need more information.

Cheers,

Michael

Archived