Using Deloa's Appliguide?

I purchased Deloa's Appliguide and would like to 'play'. I was thinking when I purchased it that it could easily be attached then removed. Now I am thinking that is not the case. It looks like I need to raise the hopper foot to perform each step. Is this easy to do. I just got my Millennium up and going...so I could use some assistance. Thanks for the help.

I was actually getting ready to post about this wonderful guide!

I used it for the first time yesterday and it works great.

To fasten to your hopping foot, slide it on from the front above the foot and then it should easily nestle around the foot. I hold it with three fingers to the left and my pointer finger to the right of the foot. It can't be used around the back side--I guess because I have a bump there, but it can be slid to the left or right for ease of use.

I have 12 giant Parasol Ladies blocks that I am following the applique--it is going great!

I bought this when doing only my fifth quilt, and so I can pass judgment as a real newbie.

My first attempt outlining applique turned out better than I thought it would. My problem was/is getting my brain to realize that one hand guides the machine head and the other hand guides the guide. It's a gross motor/fine motor thing. I was using the guide to move the head more than I should have.

It's also probably all about PPP.

I'm happy with it! Thanks, Deloa, you did good!

post--1346190076161_thumb.jpg

Archived