NQR - Malamutes first snow

We rescued our now four year old Alaskan Malamute, Sasha, when she was just a puppy. She was born and raised in NW Florida and this week got her first feel of snow. She didn't like the snow much and it took her awhile to even walk on it. We leave St. Louis Wednesday, so it will be back to the beaches for her.

2790362600103666079S425x425Q85.jpg

My son and his wife have a Giant Malamute. He is huge and the biggest baby your ever saw. He is so gentle too. They have 3 girls under 5 and he is great with them. You would think that they are soft too, but they really are not. All that hair is kind of stiff and course. Jeanne

Hi Jolene,

We don't mind the cold here so much but it would be better if we didn't have to go out to do our business. One of my greyhounds went out with the first snow (Friday) and was kicking up snow and running in circles, so excited. Unfortunately, below 40 degrees (northern Colorado) she and her buddy have to wear coats. She hates her coat and is very stubborn. The other one seems even more regal although his coat makes his hind quarters itch so he's always trying to get a good scratch.

I bet your guy likes the cooler weather, the snow however, is just strange.

Donna

Beautiful baby. I haven't seen snow in years. I remember getting stuck in snow drifts in PA when I was a child. When it snows (ok, when we see 1 flake) in Virginia Beach the entire city closes down. I wonder what my bully (bull terrier) would do in snow? She's pure white so she might get lost.

Sasha is a great big cuddly bear. She is a hugger, used to scare the joggers in the neighborhood when she would put her paws up on their shoulders to "greet" them. The joggers are used to her now and she doesn't hug them so much. She loves people and our cat. Her and the cat are best friends. Follow each other everywhere.

Archived