NQR- Guess who I saw today?

I drove down to San Diego to pick up some thread at the Quilted Rose. I was chatting away with the girls at the store and 2 quilters walked in. One looked familiar.

-- She flew down here from Washington state

-- She will be driving up to Road to California tomorrow to collect her ribbon.

-- You might have one of her books in your studio

-- She chats on this forum.

-- Her name is in ink.

Yes, it was our very own Sherry Rogers-Harrison. Her Lollapalooza quilt won Best Painted Surface. Congrats, Sherry.

She didn't recognize me but when I told her my APQS handle, she gave me a big hug. This forum brings us all together.

post--13461901032595_thumb.jpg

Hi Linda,

Thanks a lot for posting the link and of course for the congrats! It's always fun to see one's own work on these lists... Congratulations to all the winners!

How cool is that that you met Sherry in the fabric store?

Well, I for my part cannot wait to "bump into" a number of you at HMQS and MQS this coming spring! My trip seems to be light-years away and yet so very close - considering all that needs to be done beforehand...

Happy stitching,

Birgit

It was SOOO much fun to see Ramona Linda at the Quilted Rose!!! You made my day you sweet thang you!

And Tami and the girls were a real joy to meet as well. What a fun job you girls have there!!

I fell in LOVE with San Diego, the fragrance of flowers blooming, the sunshine that burnt my retinas and the Road to CA. quilt show...how could you go wrong with that combination? It was great to see Cheryl and JoAnn and I fell IN LOVE with the new Quilt Glide they had on the updated Freedom!! Anybody want to buy my Millenium head so I can afford to upgrade?? Serious...that is some GOOD stuff they did there!!!

Birgit, I got to see your 2 entries as well so that was a treat! I cannot wait to go back next year, the quilts were a-maze-ing and it was fun to visit with my quilt and have my picture taken even if it is not the bestest picture of me!!

post--13461901034318_thumb.jpg

Archived