apqs machines on Fons & Porter

I just saw the most wonderful show on PBS...Fons and Porter's quilting show covered longarm artists today and featured two machines from apqs. Marilyn Badger was the guest and she did a great job explaining and demonstrating George and a Millie. Since I'm a George owner, I loved seeing him on the screen...bet it will do some good for the apqs sales department this week. She also showed several quilts made on each machine by apqs artists. If you didn't see it yet, check you local PBS listings. Bravo!

We only get Fons and Porter. I like EB's books, but I agree, only can take so much. I emailed our PBS station regarding quilting shows but they never responded. The only other one we get that is close is Sewing with Nancy - another one I can only take in small doses. We did get some stange show with Georgia Bonsteel (spelling?), but it was not worth the time it took to film it.

Why must we pay for good quilting shows on-line, what happened to the good ol' days before the internet?

I used to mute EB right up until I knew she was giving measurements! LOL hubby used to crack up. I will have to say that I went to market 3 years ago and had an open slot so I sat in on her class. 30 minutes and it was the best one I had all day! She was great. I have to say that I had gone with a friend and this was before I had a business so her father-in-law let me go in place of one of his employees. Well they did the name tag wrong and instead of Sandy Dagle they put Dandy Dagle, yup that was who I was! Too hilarious. I have a book signed by EB and addressed to Dandy! We had an absolute blast!

They took them off our PBS stations also. HGTV doesn't have Alex Anderson any longer!! Guess she's busy with "the quilt show". They do have "The American Quilter" on here but I don't like it, not much info just traveling around the world. BUMMER.

Archived