I'm now available for trunk shows...

Well my quilting may not be working too well this week but I got lucky and found this today so now I can do trunk shows :P

I was supposed to have coffee with a friend but she cancelled so I decided to check out the junk shop but it was closed. However, outside next to an old cooker and a commode I spotted this so before anyone else came along to claim it, I heaved it into my Landy and headed home!

post--13461901275788_thumb.jpg

Nice trunk! :) Now Linizi, you should take more opportunities to cruise about in your Land Rover looking for more trunks and little treasures in which to abscond with so that you may have more trunks to add to your "trunk show." :cool: ;) One never knows what goodies one may find in the vicinity of a junk store!! And surely you have more quilts and yards of tartan than you have trunks in which to fill, so go forth and seek!

Hi Linzi

That looks like one of the trunks we brought our belongings back to Dundee in when we left Australia in the late 1960s. They weren't that easy to get then so they'd be even harder to find now. I bet it wil be great sanded and polished. Are the studs and latches brass?

sue in australia

The trunk is pretty old but scruffy. It is made of tin and wood with leather effect paper stuff. It is lined with a Victorian looking printed paper. The catches are tarnished. I haven't decided whether to put it in the yurt although my husband thinks he has a say about what stuff I put in there. I might just tidy it up and keep fabric in it.

And you reminded me with your Yurt photos that I have the supplies to make YURTAINS for my sliding glass patio door. I have been meaning to make the heavy quilted curtains for sometime now to keep the hot summer sun out. Maybe I will get that done this spring.....

Archived