A Question for All You Bloggers

Those of you who blog, which blog service do you use? Blogspot, Typepad, Myquiltblog, or somthing other? I tried setting up a blog on Myquiltblog but it seems not so user friendly. I'd like to try blogging, because I am constantly sending out emails with pictures to my family and friends. it just would make sense to put it in a blog and send them the link. Thanks!

I use Blogspot. I find the other blogging services nice in some ways but hard to manuver around in. I'm not saying blogger is simple, but somewhat more user friendly. Also, I don't seem able to leave comments as easily either on other blog type sites. Just my 2 cents.:)

Janna, do you live in Montana or Arizona? I just went to your blog to see the set up and seen you talking about Wickenburg. My DB lives in Phoenix and own another home in Wickenburg. They go there quite often because his MIL lives there. He loves the Wickenburg area but don't want to uproot the kids to get out of Phoenix. Just wondering cause your location here says MT.

Wow, Janna, I just looked at your blog and it seems you are in my neck of the saguaros! We live in Nevada right now, but own a home in Gold Canyon (east of Apache Junction). We will be returning in a couple of years after DD graduates from high school. You are making me homesick for the desert!!

I use Blogspot too and i just wanted to mention that if you want anyone to be able to leave comments you have to change the settings that are preset so people can post comments as anonymous. It's easy to do, just go to the Setting tab then the Comments tab and go to Who Can Comment and change it to Anyone.

I learnt this when my friend that don't have google accounts wanted to leave comments on my blog.

Have fun blogging!

I love my wordpress blog! For me, it was easier to use than blogspot, more user friendly. You can also omit "wordpress" from your blog title, which I liked, too. Of course, I figured this out after I was an established blog.

A few weeks ago, wordpress named my blog in the top 100 fastest growing blogs- which I appreciated.

Whomever you go with, have fun with blogging!

Lisa E and Jolene--I live in both places, Montana most of the time and Arizona for 4-5 months in the winter escaping the cold and snow--we don't have a home in Arizona, we travel in a recreational vehicle and move around--thus I can't bring my longarm. I do bring sewing machines and do quilting projects in the RV but my space is limited. I am just truly blessed to have this lifestyle!!

Lisa, Thanks for asking the question about blogging. I was thinking about doing that too, to be able to send people to see my work. Does anyone else have their blog just for that ? I am on facebook. Do you think that it would be better just to make a quilt file on there? What do ya think? Thanks for more info on stuff! linda

Hi, Linda,

I think it's a great way to show off your work. That's one of the reasons I created a blog. I was constantly sending all kinds of emails and pictures to family and friends. This is so easy, and people can just go to your blog to see what you're up to! I like it much better than Facebook. Just my two cents worth...which ain't worth a hill of beans in this economy! :P

Archived