NQR Deer near!

These two little girls were waiting outside my studio door--in the rain. I couldn't resist taking a picture. See the trees in the background--they are 25 feet tall cedars which are given a perpetual haircut from the bottom up by these two and their friends--all year long. Happy Spring to all! (I woke up yesterday to fat snowflakes until an inch was on the ground, then a big rainy spell until the snow slushed-up and ran rivers in the streets. Then we had a 50 MPH gusty wind storm to finish the day.) Yep--it's Spring!

post--13461901391597_thumb.jpg

Jolene,

An Arborvitea (spelled correctly now) is a tree that grows in the Northeast very well. Lots of people use them as a wall. I have them all around my garden to block out my neighbors yard. They grow quickly and fill in nicely, unless the deer decide to have a snack. Here is a picture of what they look like (not my yard).

post--13461901392611_thumb.jpg

those deer look like black tails, not white tails. and i agree, the one in the background does look like a buck. you can see his antler bumps. he also looks like what we call 'this year's deer'. meaning he's one and a half yrs old. he's still young, cause his face is still 'short'

you'll have to excuse me, but my first thought was that the doe is very healthy, and would be good on a plate :) hunting season last year was hard. with our drought and the unusal warm winter, the deer stayed nocturnal. so looks like we're going to be buying meat til next deer season.

we have seen deer around our house, but never in our yard. too many dogs in the neighborhood. we have tons of rabbits tho and possums. saw a racoon the other day.

i love living somewhere mother nature makes herself seen.

Archived