Any Ideas

Any ideas for this one, I have some but not sure I'm on the right track and looking for some input. Here is a close up.

Thread color? She kind of wants Mother Goose, but I thought green. What do you think.

Hopefully there is a pic attached to this.

Thanks

PamH

post--13461901488856_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the ideas.I was thinking feathers too, even drew it out in paint and liked it but wasn't sure if they were to formal for this quilt. Glad to know I am beginning to think like ladies. Feathers are pretty easy.

Mother Goose thread is by Superior.

Thanks

PamH

There is a lot of "round" in this quilt. And a lot of green.

No panto, huh?

Edge2Edge - feathers or leaf meander.

Here's another idea:

Custom

I like to put straight lines on a quilt to highlight the round piecing; and round quilting to highlight linear piecing.

Small green squares:

I would put double lines around the small green squares and then from the center of the small squares, put something curly/swirly that reachs out to the edges of the square, maybe like hooks or question marks or feathers like Sharon described.

Big green squares:

Then in the big squares, a big feather wreath.

I think the evenly placed double lines will highlight the contents of both the small and large green boxes.

Thread Anything but green. A gold would look good. I like the Mother Goose idea, too. No shiny or variegated - it would add chaos.

I hope that you will post a photo when you are done.

post--13461901492628_thumb.jpg

Thanks Linda I didn't think about lines that would be cool, when I drew it out in paint the other day I did feathers in the big square and then tried twirly swirls and I liked both.

I will post a pic when I finish.

Thank you.

PamH

Ooooo Cathy, You're good with paint. I like that flower thing. You guys did a great job seeing that block. The lines and the pumpkin seed (cc) make a great dividing element. Thread choice? What color is the backing? busy or quiet? Want the thread to show?

Lots of great ideas. I like the pumpkin seed and the wonky feather, not so formal.

Stipple and feathers would be fast, thanks Nora I didn't know what the name of the quilt was.

The backing is the same green as the front. Oh did I mention the backing is only 1 1/2" on each side. She sewed muslin to the sides so I would have enough to clamp to. Makes me nervous the quilt will shift.

PamH

Archived